TRExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

1958 TR3 Side Curtains for sale--Great condition, possibly unused [Ontario, CAN]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stacat Stacy Cattran
Guelph, Ontario, Canada   CAN
The time has come for my widowed mom to move into assisted living and for us to clean out her house. While sorting through things we discovered one of my dad's treasures--the pictured beige TR3 side curtains with plexi-glass windows in great condition.

In the summer of 1958 my dad and his aunt with whom he lived purchased a beautiful new TR3. He had just started to date my mom that month, so maybe he bought it partly to impress her! For my aunt's part, she actually bought the TR3 without her husband's knowledge (my great-uncle) while he was out of town travelling through the southwest. Gutsy woman. Unfortunately within just 2-3 weeks of the car's purchase, my parents were hit by a drunk driver and the car was totalled. My great-uncle hadn't even seen the car yet it was so new.

From 1958 until his passing in 2008, my dad kept the TR3 side curtains (which were not on the car at the time of the accident), moving them from place to place with our family. They have always been stored in a non-smoking environment indoors either in the garage or basement. My mom thinks the side curtains were not actually used since the car was purchased in the summer and totalled a couple of weeks later.

I just got back from my mom's and will be going back in two weeks so can pick them up then (the weekend of May 20th). They can be shipped after May 22nd from Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
$700 U.S. or best offer, plus shipping costs (insured with tracking #), transaction done through Paypal, though preference will be given to any in-person cash transactions (in Sarnia, Milton, Guelph--Ontario).

I can be reached at scattran@gmail.com or via phone at 519-341-3642.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-05 11:34 AM by Stacat.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
curtains1.jpg    23.2 KB
curtains1.jpg

curtains2.jpg    20.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
curtains4.jpg    21.3 KB
curtains5.jpg    20.9 KB
jfarris Silver Member Jim Farris
Montevallo, AL, USA   USA
Email sent.

Jim Farris
Montevallo AL
1956 TR3 - Salvador Blue
1973 TR6 - Pimento
2013 Mini Cooper S - Bayswater Edition

Stacat Stacy Cattran
Guelph, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Side curtains have been sold and are now in use on a beautifully restored Triumph. Thanks very much.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster