AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tlcgt6 Avatar
tlcgt6 Tommy Cook
Colleyville, texas, USA   USA
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Banana Hannah"
1972 Triumph GT6 "The T"
i will take a set. PM where to send paypal payment

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Melmac Jerry S
Löddeköpinge, Skane, Sweden   SWE
I'm interested. Any idea about the freight cost for shipping to the other side of the globe, Sweden?

ccren89 Avatar
ccren89 Colin Crenshaw
Keokuk, Iowa, USA   USA
Oh wow, I'd like this! Info please!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Gregxster Avatar
Gregxster Gregg Pederson
Atascadero, California, USA   USA
1967 Volvo Amazon (122) "The Volvo"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tri-yota Spitfire"
Here are a couple of screen shots showing the dimensions of the axle adapters.

1969 Tri-yota Spitfire: http://www.triumphexp.com/journal/gregxster

Attachments:
Spitfire Axle adapter outside-email.jpg    23.3 KB
Spitfire Axle adapter outside-email.jpg

Spitfire Axle adapter inside-email.jpg    19.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Black Spit Mike Daynes
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
1972 Triumph Spitfire "Black Spit"
if these are still available I would take one

jjjjack Avatar
jjjjack Gold Member Jack Greene
Boston, Massachusetts, USA   USA
1967 Triumph GT6 "Wee Wee Car"
Andy -

I have a '67 GT6 - and I am running a diff from Quantum Mechanics.

However, I just installed a T9 transmission and as a reuslt, I am drining it alot faster on the hiughway.

I am *very* interested in a R160 conversion kit!

Please let me know if I am too late

Jack

jack.greene1@gmail.com

Sparrow010 Avatar
Sparrow010 Andrew Gaskin
Feilding, Feilding, New Zealand   NZL
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spitie"
1974 Triumph Stag "Staggy"
Hi Guys

Sorry for not being more active in providing info on this project but been busy and as usual other life issues hav got in the way of me chasing this up...

Good news is am still looking at getting a run of adapter plates made.

the foundry can cast as many plates as needed.

Main hold up at the moment is getting a quote from the machine shop who will do the work on the rough cast backing plates.
Have spoken to the shop and they are quite busy at the moment. So it's looking like they couldn't do the required work until after Christmas.
This being said they have not as of yet got back to me with a quote of how much the machining will cost. Even though I have e mailed them every week for the last couple of months....
My gut feeling would be to find a machine shop that is better at communicating but these guys have the spec's and have done the job before so set up costs should be less than going to a new machinist. Fingers crossed that I get the requested info soon....

The guy who does the brackets ( front and top ) is happy to make up as many sets as needed. He has also provided me with drawing for the plates, so if you would prefer to get them made up local to you, this is an option and will keep your costs down a bit.

As per previous post above this one, Gregg P has provided drawings and Pic's of some very nice axle adapters plates. Was thinking could get these made in Christchurch ( if machine shop there comes to the party) or again, you might like to get a pair made up your self somewhere local.

So that's where things are at for the moment...

I'm confident this will happen, just waiting for quote from machine shop in Christchurch.

Please confirm your interest in getting a "Tri/Dat" R160 diff mount adapter plate.
Let me know if you want a front and top plate made up, or will if you will use the plans to get your own made?

FYI for any Kiwis thinking of doing this conversion there is a Datsun 1600 diffs for sale on trade Me at the moment. not often these show up now days
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/diffs-axles/auction-1466173326.htm

Cheers
Andy G

rustbuckit2011 Frank Zappa
auckland, auckland, New Zealand   NZL
Gday Andrew-
If its the machine shop in chch that I think it is (Sockburn/Hornby) Please, - I urge you- take them somewhere else! They gave me nothing but grief
The bolt hole drillings are as easy as using a subaru back plate one as a template, the bores for bushes are easy, and then it just needs a surface. The 'jig' is so simple.
Even a highschool metalwork class should be able to do it- (not that Im seriously proposing that!) But you can damn near do it at home bar the surfacing. The plate requires only two holes tapped, the other two are pointless for 99% of applications
I know they will charge the earth for the machining. I paid hundreds and hundreds to them and they still didnt get it right. They just have no interest. Morris Sheetmetals or the like would do them for next to nothing
Hell- Ill even lend them my finished plate to copy to help the process along (just stop advertising diffs I'm bidding on!! winking smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-15 01:13 AM by rustbuckit2011.

dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, Maryland, USA   USA
Hi Andy,

I purchased one of the aluminum castings from someone that purchased it a few years ago. I have had it machined and installed on my diff. While I can make up my spring plate and front plates, if you have access to these now, I would be happy to just purchase them from you and save me the hassle. Let me know the cost and availability and can pay you via Paypal if that works.

Thanks,
Dave Herr

Sparrow010 Avatar
Sparrow010 Andrew Gaskin
Hi Dave

Plates are not yet made.
Am looking to get some made probably early next year.
I can send you contact info for the guy who makes them in Christchurch NZ if you want to get a set made up for your self more quickly.
He said about $220 NZD for front and top plate to be made.

Sparrow010 Avatar
Sparrow010 Andrew Gaskin
Thanks for that Frank

Will defiantly look at options

Hav a few machinists mates, so will ask if they can suggest anyone else that can do the required work for us.

LOL sorry for promoting the trade me add, (I ended up having to get my 1600 R160 from Aussie)
Thanks for the offer of using your backing plate as a template, may very well take you up on this as will save a lot of time in setting up and getting correct dimensions. ( where are you located )

Cheers mate
Andy G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-15 08:18 PM by Sparrow010.

dherr2 David Herr
Adamstown, Maryland, USA   USA
Hi Andy,

Yes,if you don't mind sending me the contact details, I would like to get a set on order from him as soon as possible as looking to have the car back on the road in the early Spring.

Thanks again,
Dave

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster