Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
eindhoven, nb, Netherlands   NLD
we found this pre war 1939 triumph twelve recently , it seems to be the only survivor of less then 60 made

any info about these cars would be great

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
foto6.JPG    41.3 KB
foto6.JPG

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
the twin carb engine

Attachments:
foto.JPG    44.4 KB
foto.JPG

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Angelo,very interesting car,I haven't seen one without wire wheels.It looks similar to the 1939 Vitesse but the motor while the same basic look is different.What capacity is it.I presume you have contacted the Pre 40 club for info.I look forward to following this topic
JohnL

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
In reply to # 934436 by Steptoe1950 Hi Angelo,very interesting car,I haven't seen one without wire wheels.It looks similar to the 1939 Vitesse but the motor while the same basic look is different.What capacity is it.I presume you have contacted the Pre 40 club for info.I look forward to following this topic
JohnL

Hello john , thank you , yes it seems to be the last one left

, it is a 1.5 engine with dual su carbs , yes i have contacted that club , but i dont get any replys!!

We have decided to remove the original and unique body , and use the chassis for a special

Updates soon

Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 938201 by angelo1 We have decided to remove the original and unique body , and use the chassis for a special

Updates soon
Now I'm curious: why would you want to effectively destroy a one-of-a-kind car? Sorry to be so blunt, but it seems a shame to do that, rather than pass the car onto someone who would restore it?

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
In reply to # 938203 by Herald948
In reply to # 938201 by angelo1 We have decided to remove the original and unique body , and use the chassis for a special

Updates soon
Now I'm curious: why would you want to effectively destroy a one-of-a-kind car? Sorry to be so blunt, but it seems a shame to do that, rather than pass the car onto someone who would restore it?

Well , it is the only one of its kind that is left , it was for sale and we tried to sell it to some of the triumph collectors , according to them it was not worth restoring , bla bla ......... We wanted to build a pre war special for a while , so this is a nice donor car with a perfect chassis and great drivetrain

We are starting in a month or so , so when someone is interested in the car in its original form , they can contact me

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Hi Angelo, have you managed to find a buyer for the 12 or have you started your special?
johnL

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
hello john , no its not sold yet and we didnt have the time to start with the bodywork (car is running perfectly now) , we have a few projects more

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Hi Angelo,I have just been speaking to a contact who is somewhat of an authority on Triumph and I asked him about your 12.He told me they were made after Triumph went broke,one of the creditors
Thomas Ward took over a lot of their parts and made 50 cars that he called the 12.As you guessed it is very rare and I suspect so rare that nobody knows what it is.It might be worth doing a bit more advertising maybe on the prewar car site.Hope this is of interest.
Regards John L

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
hello john , thank you for the info,

our twelve is actualy the last one made (chassisnumber and engine number 55) it was sold new in scotland and stayed there until the mid 70s when it came to holland , the car was not used since the 50s

the car was part develloped by donald healey (working for triumph just before world war 2)

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Hi Angelo,it seems strange a car can be so rare nobody wants it or is not econical to restore.I have found a Vitesse in Australia ,it is nearly complete and the only one in Australia but not worth rebuilding as the cost would be higher than its completed value.What other project are you involved with.I am building a number of prewar specials of different Marques.
JohnL

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
john, most interest in the car is for the underslung chassis , to build a special

we are restoring a pre war racing austin seven ,a triumph special we found in a barn in belgium (model unknown) , 3 mgbs , jaguar e-type , etc.......

the twelve will go in our showroom as a barnfind display for now

MonAndrew77 Avatar
MonAndrew77 Andrew M
Northern, Virginia, USA   USA
Out of curiosity, what ever happened to this car? Anyone know?

Andrew

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
In reply to # 1324150 by MonAndrew77 Out of curiosity, what ever happened to this car? Anyone know?

Andrew

Hello andrew, it is still unrestored

Angelo

angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
more recent picture

Attachments:
10981662_935058973235760_8366146458459346406_n.jpg    11.6 KB
10981662_935058973235760_8366146458459346406_n.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster