AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

triumphtony Avatar
triumphtony Tony Milligan
Maroochydore, Qld, Australia   AUS
1937 Triumph Dolomite "Dolomite"
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is the Triumph which was sold in Adelaide, and I was lucky to be able to get it.
I would be very interested in a photo of your Dolomite, as I would like to compare it with another I have, to see if the builder is known to me.
6 Cylinder is certainly rare which makes my car more attractive (at least in my eyes) and the bonnet and chassis are longer to accomodate that. I
I am attempting to build up an email address list of known Dolomites and If you were interested in taking part you might think about adding yours. I try to keep a level of informal comment going and Have a few other addresses going .
The purpose is really to keep track of cars which are known to exist rather than any which were numbers produced.
So far I have two 6 cylinder and one 4 cylinder Dolomite which I know to be intact and running in Australia, and I know of a 6 in the U.S whose owner is in touch. I didn't set out to include specials, but don't see why not, so we can see what develops.
Nice to hear from you.
triumphtony

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
angelo1 Avatar
angelo1 angelo vdr
eindhoven, nb, Netherlands   NLD
im looking for any info about the 1939 triumph twelve

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Tony,good to read you are collecting info on existing cars.As you know I have a Dolomite special and a Gloria special both have 4 cyl 1767 motors .4 cars with 4 cly motors were imported in 1939 and I have 3 of them nos 234,241and305.
I know of 1 Vitesse in Vic and 2 Gloria's in Qld none of them running.Send me your email add and I will send photos.
There is another Gloria special in WA which has a Riley 2.5 motor.Thats all I know about apart from the ones you know about from John Shepherd.It would be good to compile a photo listing of all prewar Triumphs in Aus.
Talk to you later.
John L

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Hi prewar Triumph owners,I have found a complete 1936 Vitesse body.There is no grill or mechanical parts,some interior exists,spare wheel cover and all panels in fair condition,ally body has cracks and small tears.Anybody interested contact me for detailed photos.I don't want to see it dumped!
John L

saltddirk Dirk Devogeleer
Herne (SPK), BRA, Belgium   BEL
1937 Triumph Vitesse
1937 Triumph Vitesse
1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster "Goldie"
1950 Triumph Renown "Blue Lady"
Hi John,

Unfortunately it is a bit too far from Belgium for me to be practical.
I have just bought an other 37 Vitesse but it has been re-bodied in the 80's with a 4 seat tourer body
I fancied the tourer body but still have my doubts as to the effect on the value of the car. It is rather well made but only takes vague styling hints of a Gloria tourer, doors are different, rear end is more square etc.

Eventually I guess it will be re-bodied, when I find time to do so, and practice the skills a bit further, but it would be a bone to have an original body to be put on the car and not being dependent of my panel beating skills if I ever would want to pass the car on.

Dirk

Attachments:
DSCN5603.JPG    52.1 KB
DSCN5603.JPG

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Hi Folks here are some more Prewar Triumphs I have recently purchased in Australia.
One is an absolutely original 1934 Triumph Gloria speed tourer.
The second is also a 1934 Gloria special that has a 3.8 litre Jaguar engine fitted.
Hope yo enjoy the photos ,please reply if you have any interest in these two vehicles.
Steptoe1950

Attachments:
image.jpg    46 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    45.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpg    49.8 KB
image.jpg    45.9 KB
Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Another prewar Triumph sees the light of day.I had seen this car years ago in a dark shed in the hills near my home in Melbourne Australia.Sadly the owner died and being an active prewar Triumph owner I was contacted by the estate.
Long story short I bought the car and had my first drive the other day.What a beast !
It is a 1934 Gloria with a Mk 10 Jaguar motor and gearbox.The front end is Mk 4 Jag and the body is a wooden frame with vinyl skin.
The car was built in the 60s and has never been registered although it was driven with registration plates from a second Gloria the builder owned.
I have a photo of the owner in the car in the 60s I think.
I am still deciding what to do with it ,preserve it,restore it ,race it or put back to original.
For the moment I am just going to get it running properly and maybe enter into a local hill climb.
John L

Attachments:
image.jpg    49.1 KB
image.jpg

image.jpg    49.8 KB
image.jpg    62.1 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Triumph Herald 12 50

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links