AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dalew Avatar
dalew Dale W
Carbondale, Colorado, USA   USA
1936 Triumph Gloria "Gloria"
1936 Triumph Gloria
1959 Triumph TR3A "Rumph"
The car looks great! I was in contact with someone i believe was a former owner of this car, and he mentioned that it had been fitted with oversized pistons from a Holden. True?

I own two Glorias, one a Southern Cross with a 14/60 engine and the other is a Gloria 6 Coupe which is apparently the sole survivor.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Triumph 4.jpg    89.7 KB
Triumph 4.jpg

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Dale, yes you are correct,it was owned by Brian Bates,who has sold me both his Gloria and Dolomite.
After purchase I rebuilt them both with doors ,hood and new slab fuel tanks as per original.
I am attempting to get them as close to original appearance as possible given they are specials.
The Pistons are indeed Holden giving a displacement of 2 Litres,similar to the six cylinder.
I love your cars ,I have not had the benefit of examining an original factory sports to date.
My latest project is a 1936 Vitesse which again will be a special,but as close to the traditional T type body as I can.
Your cars would be extremely rare over there I imagine and finding like minded enthusiasts would be even harder!
Even my local Triumph car club has very few people who know of the prewar Triumphs.
We are having a prewar Triumph rally in April this year which we expect to get around 12 cars!
I would love to see some photos of your cars either in this forum or through email.
I may be over near you later this year and if convenient would love to catch up.
Regards John L

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster