Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
For the last few times out the Roadster ran awful. Would only run on a couple of cylinders and they varied on which two. The direction things were going indicated the problem was in the distributor. Changed everything there, no improvement.
In checking all connections with a voltmeter, there was no drop in voltage, but ran a clip from the positive to the plus side of the distributor, and the spark was good on the points. I stuck it all back and forgot about the jump wire. Guess what, ran like a charm.
That sure set me in another direction. I still have the original switch with the screw on connectors. I started the car and it ran bad, put my hand under the dash and started moving wires, Now the poor thing didn't know what to do, run good then stumble. On of the main wires had right at broken under the screw. There were three wires under it, so I soldiered those together and added a heavy wire to the bunch, Used heat shrink wrap and on that, adding soldier to the end, to give it a more solid feel and put that under the screw.
We now have a happy little Roadster.
I would change the switch, but it lasted this long, surely it will outlive me.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster