Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

davepilcher Avatar
davepilcher Dave P
Fort Worth, Texas, USA   USA
I recently purchased an Ellis and Cook bodied 1936 Triumph Gloria Vitesse 2-Liter Foursome Drophead Coupe. I am a member of the Pre-40 club.
I'm missing all the tools (tool roll, jack, starting handle, tire pump, grease gun). Anyone know a source of these tools? What about User, owner and maintenance manuals?
Dave

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Herald948 Avatar
Herald948 Andrew Mace
East Nassau, upstate NY, USA   USA
Dave, unfortunately, I can't help with any of your questions. But I would like to say: a: beautiful car and b: please post more pictures and information! grinning smiley

http://www.fairpoint.net/~herald948/database/

davepilcher Avatar
davepilcher Dave P
Hey Andy. Yes, this is my first Pre-40 car and I love it. She needs some work but I'm very lucky to have her. The back story is she came to the US on the Queen Mary to run in a New York to Montreal rally put on my the Junior Car Club of Great Britain (J.C.C.) in July/Aug 1936. I have not proof yet, but I have verified that the rally occurred and that there were two Triumphs in the rally owned/driven by G.C. Terry, his wife and apparently their two daughters. What I do know, seven cars were built, three are known to exist. This model was probably the most expensive Gloria you could buy having the Vitesse suspension upgrade, the upgraded 6 cylinder 2 liter motor and the Cross & Ellis Drop head Coupe body. About 450 GBP in 1936. Whe appears to be relatively unmolested with only a repaint sometime before 1995 from red to beige/gold. Here are a couple of pictures from a recent show. I plan to rebuild the brakes (much needed) and cleaning her up, but I plan to leave her as she is and enjoy her. She will definitely be at the 2016 VTR National Meet in October in Pottsboro TX.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
103115 AL Car Show 02.jpg    40.1 KB
103115 AL Car Show 02.jpg

103115 AL Car Show 08.jpg    42.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Dave,Like Andy I too love your car and appreciate the photos you have posted.I have a lot of original manuals and tech info regarding the Gloria's.I will have a look through my collection and let you know what I have.I am rebuilding the only Vitesse in Australia unfortunately without the original body.It is a matching nos car and I am building a sports body in the style of the Southern Cross models.
John L

tmeinc1 Avatar
tmeinc1 Dick Birch
Lexington, North Carolina, USA   USA
Try www.thevintagetoolcompany.com. It's a good source for British tools.

tmeinc1 Avatar
tmeinc1 Dick Birch
Lexington, North Carolina, USA   USA
For the curiosity of it, The Vintage Tool Company does have a spanner for a "30's Triumph Gloria" for sale for 19 pounds. He might know of other sources for the tools.

davepilcher Avatar
davepilcher Dave P
Thank you, I'll check it out

Steptoe1950 Avatar
Steptoe1950 John L
Kilsyth South, Melbourne, Australia   AUS
Hi Dave,
Looking through the Prewar car site under parts and accessories they are a number of Triumph tools advertised.
John L

davepilcher Avatar
davepilcher Dave P
Thanks, I'll look.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster