Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jb4249 Avatar
jb4249 Ted Bush
Highland Heights, USA   USA
I am back in the Triumph business and 3 years with out one. I sold my Spitfire and found I just couldn't live with out one. This is a 1980 TR 7. Just gut it home yesterday after 20+ years in that basement. The engine turns over, has the upgraded SU carbs but haven't tried to start it yet. I may need to drain the tank. I have a bunch of things to go through but I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0310.JPG    50.2 KB
IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG    57.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_0312.JPG    45.5 KB
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1451301 by jb4249 I am back in the Triumph business and 3 years with out one. I sold my Spitfire and found I just couldn't live with out one. This is a 1980 TR 7. Just gut it home yesterday after 20+ years in that basement. The engine turns over, has the upgraded SU carbs but haven't tried to start it yet. I may need to drain the tank. I have a bunch of things to go through but I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions.

Wow. An original interior. Usually they have disintegrated by now. Be careful, I am sure it is very fragile by now.

I wanted to install an original interior in my TR8, but blue Tartan is difficult and expensive to source, and it meant throwing away the Rimmer Brothers leather seat kit that the previous owner installed.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

kevphill Kevin Phillips
Oxford, Michigan, USA   USA
Got ya beat Ted,
My 1980 barn find (literal) sat since 1991.

Read my story under possible seized engine. It's a hoot.

Keep us posted.
kp

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
North Providence, rhode island, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hey Kevin. I can beat that one. My 1978 preproduction TR8 had the 1984 plates and 1985 inspection sticker still on it when I put it back on the road in Feb of 2016. The previous owner parked in his moms garage in 1984 and moved to new York. Car only had 42k on it. And the original red tartan interior still looks pretty good. Okay any body got a better rescue story/barn find?

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

kevphill Kevin Phillips
That's a winner!
Kp

kevphill Kevin Phillips
That's a winner!
Kp

Orange rag Avatar
Orange rag Ron Spence
Nanaimo, BC, Canada   CAN
Pulled it out of the garage a couple weeks ago and hit the beach.

Attachments:
image.jpg    24.2 KB
image.jpg

JohnMWalsh Avatar
JohnMWalsh John Walsh
Roseville, California, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
1981 Triumph TR7 Drophead "TR7(?)" ~ For Sale ! ~
Just got my TR out of the body shop where it's been for two months. There was a small fire in my garage and she suffered a little damage. Sure is good to have her back.

Attachments:
4.jpg    45.3 KB
4.jpg

Captkirk7 Kirk H
Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA   USA
Out for a Sunday drive and a photo opportunity.

Attachments:
DSCN2158.JPG    32.5 KB
DSCN2158.JPG

20170513_125833.jpg    61 KB
DSCN2154.JPG    41.2 KB
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
North Providence, rhode island, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
BEATLES NIGHT ON THE TAUNTON GREEN
Last night I attended a "concert in the park" in Taunton Ma. Because they were featuring a Beatles cover band the two local British clubs were invited to participate.
We had about 20 cars show up from British Motor Cars of New England and Cape Cod British Car Club. The Taunton police closed off the area in front of the Post Office for our parking convenience , right on the edge of the green. Close enough to the music to hear it, but far enough to have a nice conversation with other car owners . This was not a show and shine, more of a meet and greet. We had a nice mix of cars. Everything from a Lotus to a '65 Austin Healey Sprite, a couple of Jags, mini cooper delivery van, a whole flock of MG-B's, a Triumph GT-6, four Healey 3000's , a MG TD, and of course as usual I had the only Wedge there! Perfect weather, nice crowd, lots of interest in our British cars. It was even fun to watch some of the kids, the hobby's future, sit in the cars and imagine themselves driving. The mini was a big hit for this ! If you ever get the opportunity to participate in one of these, it's really worth going. Thanks for reading, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

Attachments:
IMG_2240.JPG    41.6 KB
IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG    52.2 KB
IMG_2220.JPG    46.1 KB
IMG_2233.JPG    37 KB
allzway Avatar
allzway James P
Paris, Texas, USA   USA
I don't think I ever posted a picture once I got the car back on the road and painted.

HowardB Avatar
HowardB Howard Brissenden
Potton, Bedfordshire, UK   GBR
Youtube link to our evening trip up the Stelvio in my TR7 during the Club Triumph 10 Countries Run around Europe, racing to get to the top before sunset followed by a fun drive down the other side. Watch out for the 2000 saloon that passed us coming up from the wrong side as we headed down & the local driver ignoring the red light.......

Cheers

Howard

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links