TRExp

TR7 & TR8 Forum

What did you do with your TR7/TR8 today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, CA, USA   USA
Morning Vance,
hope you and everyone else had great Holidays. I don't even know which sticker that is, I have not worried to much about originality (as is obvious by my color choice). Thank you for the offer and for the compliment on the paint. I have just done what I liked if it is stock fine if not fine, we all know these are labors of love not good investments. I know you have mentioned that you are planning on using a R-4 compressor, if I were to do it over again I would get the Sanden as it is smaller and must take much less load to turn (when the R-4 is engaged it really drags down the engine).

Brent,
masterful job on the heater box, wish I had that kind of imagination. Thanks, Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1505584 by bowen6951 Morning Vance,
Hope you and everyone else had great Holidays. I don't even know which sticker that is, I have not worried to much about originality (as is obvious by my color choice).

Thanks, Rob

Rob:

Could not find a good photo of it, but I have circled it in the attached engine bay photo.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

Attachments:
1980-triumph-tr8-convertible-v8-5-speed-manual-10.jpg    33.5 KB
1980-triumph-tr8-convertible-v8-5-speed-manual-10.jpg

darrellwalker Darrell Walker
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
1966 Triumph TR4A "Christy"
1981 Triumph TR8 "Kate"
In reply to # 1505865 by Darth V8R
In reply to # 1505584 by bowen6951 Morning Vance,
Hope you and everyone else had great Holidays. I don't even know which sticker that is, I have not worried to much about originality (as is obvious by my color choice).

Thanks, Rob

Rob:

Could not find a good photo of it, but I have circled it in the attached engine bay photo.

Vance

Here is a close up of that sticker.

Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0107.jpg    29 KB
IMG_0107.jpg

bowen6951 Avatar
Fontana, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Guys, as I have changed to 134 not much need for the sticker. Thanks, Rob

Darth V8R Avatar
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1505994 by bowen6951 Thanks Guys, as I have changed to 134 not much need for the sticker. Thanks, Rob

That's why I mentioned the modified sticker. It says R-134A, and 2lbs 4oz for the maximum charge. So you can have your cake and eat it too.

Vance

JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 James Guglielmino
Mission, KS, USA   USA
I guess it is time to update. I've had my TR7 for a long time. I drove it a bit with the 3.8 Olds engine in it but clearly, it had a rod knock. A lot of money was wasted on the rebuild and install of the 3.8. The assembly of the engine was done by a shade tree guy. While the engine was out, I had Matt Pluff, now . of Empire Automotive in Kansas City, Kansas, detail the engine bay. He did it beautifully. When it became clear that the original rear end didn't allow me a first gear because it was too low for anything except pulling stumps, we decided to put a Ford Mustang on the car. That took a very long time but it is finally done. In the mean time, I found a pair of Nissan 350SX powered and heated seats. They are in the car. Left to do is ONLY the dash (the gauges came last week) and the powered mirror. Here are pictures of the driver's side. We are still looking for px side. These are from an Alfa Romeo, I believe Matt told me. We had tried various mirrors that would go onto the small window but they weren't working out too well.

Attachments:
IMG_1598.jpg    32.4 KB
IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg    26.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1600.jpg    40.9 KB
Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
Interesting project. Are those mirrors from a GTV 6? I had a 1986 ALFA GTV 6 new. They look the same. If so you can try some of the ALFA Romeo parts suppliers.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 James Guglielmino
Mission, KS, USA   USA
They may be. Matt told me Alfa.
Others have put powered mirrors on the small glass at the front of the window but there are significant challenges to doing that. I didn't take pictures of the gauges Matt got but by next week, I am hoping that they may be in the panel he is making and will get some pictures. Honestly, I cannot wait to drive this car. The Mustang rear end gives me disc brakes on the back as well as the front, as well as Ford's limited slip.

parrisw William P
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Help me get to 1000subscriptions!

My TR8

bowen6951 Avatar
Fontana, CA, USA   USA
Hi Wil,
it's nice to know that my fan is not the only noisy one, is that a Maradyne? I moved you one closer to your goal. Thanks, Rob

JohnMWalsh Avatar
JohnMWalsh John Walsh
Roseville, CA, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
1981 Triumph TR7 Drophead "TR7(?)" ~ For Sale ! ~
I used plexi-glass for the front door windows. I "C" clamped the plexi-glass to the glass from the door and with a heat gun I formed the curve to fit.

Attachments:
100_1267.JPG    42.4 KB
100_1267.JPG

100_1266.JPG    43.8 KB
JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 James Guglielmino
Mission, KS, USA   USA
Those are amazing looking mirrors. Very nicely done.

bowen6951 Avatar
Fontana, CA, USA   USA
Decided to try and replace ugly and bulky stock air cleaner on '80 EFI TR8. Went online and found some 2.75 aluminum tubing and bought a u-bend and an air filter. Pics are below but forgot to take one until I had started cutting. Still need to get another piece of hose and more clamps, not bad for less than $50. Thanks, Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 02:40 PM by bowen6951.

Attachments:
P1060770.JPG    35.2 KB
P1060770.JPG

P1060767.JPG    29.5 KB
P1060768.JPG    29.1 KB
P1060769.JPG    39.3 KB
P1060771.JPG    36.8 KB
JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 James Guglielmino
Mission, KS, USA   USA
That is beautifully done. Very impressive.

Darth V8R Avatar
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1509029 by bowen6951 Decided to try and replace ugly and bulky stock air cleaner on '80 EFI TR8. Went online and found some 2.75 aluminum tubing and bought a u-bend and an air filter. Pics are below but forgot to take one until I had started cutting. Still need to get another piece of hose and more clamps, not bad for less than $50. Thanks, Rob

Ooooo. Pretty... eye popping smiley

Vance

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1981 Triumph TR8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links