Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sbs Avatar
sbs Steve S
Short version:

Do you have a spare/busted heater core from an A/C car that you can send to England for reproduction? I'll pay for the shipping.

Long version:

You probably know that new heater cores for A/C cars are unavailable.

I ran across a company in England (Foursome Vehicle Heaters) which has a catalog item which is listed for the TR7, and has the correct dimensions for the A/C car, but oddly has the pipe location like the non-A/C car.

P/N 20696 at this link:

http://vehicleheaters.co.uk/Heater%20Matrix%20Make/Heater%20Matrix%20-%20Triumph.html

I asked them about producing a variant with the correct A/C piping, and they can do so, will sell for GBP 85 + shipping, and just need an original to work from.

They also are aware of the unavailability of the original seals, and their replacements have straight pipes instead.

I'd prefer to not ship my one and only core overseas, so - does anybody have a spare, maybe a leaky old one that they don't need, that they can volunteer for this? Better yet if you're in the UK.

These guys might also be a cheaper source for non-A/C cars as well (P/N 20928 on the above link).

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Charlie D Gold Member Charles Dankmeyer
Arnold, MD, USA   USA
I have a complete heater unit from my A/C TR8. I pulled it because of a mouse invasion. It was working fine, just stank. After I saw all the other places they had nested, I just pulled everything and decided to go aftermarket products. I have Vintage Air short pac installed, Only set up heat so far, but will complete the A/C with all aftermarket parts. You are welcome to the whole thing or if anyone else needs parts of it let me know. Just want the cost of shipping covered.

Attachments:
9_10_17 phone transfer 181.jpg    41.7 KB
9_10_17 phone transfer 181.jpg

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1513301 by Charlie D I have a complete heater unit from my A/C TR8. I pulled it because of a mouse invasion. It was working fine, just stank. After I saw all the other places they had nested, I just pulled everything and decided to go aftermarket products. I have Vintage Air short pac installed, Only set up heat so far, but will complete the A/C with all aftermarket parts. You are welcome to the whole thing or if anyone else needs parts of it let me know. Just want the cost of shipping covered.

Charlie:

Interesting. I am converting my TR8 to A/C (if I can get the heater working. First things first.) I purchased a used A/C heater box, and it had a mouse nest and a couple of mud dauber (sp?) wasp nests. The foam gaskets had crumbled to dust, too. Complete teardown, home made gaskets, and a wrinkle finish paint job got it back into shape.

I guess little beasties like those openings that are hidden from the naked eye. I will need to make sure I think of that if I ever store the car.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sbs Avatar
sbs Steve S
Charlie,

I'm near Chantilly - how do you feel about meeting up somewhere like Greenbelt this weekend and I'll take that unit off your hands?

I'll buy lunch.

-Steve

sbs Avatar
sbs Steve S
Quote: I guess little beasties like those openings that are hidden from the naked eye. I will need to make sure I think of that if I ever store the car.

Dryer sheets!

Little bastards hate the smell, and it's less offensive to humans than mothballs.

sbs Avatar
sbs Steve S
Update - a UK owner is providing a core for this.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1959 Triumph TR3A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links