AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

microfiche
  This topic is about my 1981 Triumph TR8
erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
As I was looking in the TR7 & TR8 parts catalog inherited from the PO, an envelope fell out containing two pieces of microfiche.
looks like part# or catalog # RTC9825FK.
Does this hold the contents of the parts book? I'd like to see what's in here,maybe the local library has a microfiche reader.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
All car dealer's parts counters used to have microfiche readers.
Before that they had looseleaf catalogues.
And beore that, guys in brown shopcoats, who could recognise a part at a glance.
"That's a PH 741682, you've got in yer 'and!"
Oh, thank you! Have you got one?
" Ready Friday"

Now they have computers, and ask you for your car's registration number. Which is completely useless, if you want a part that wasn't OE on your car.
And the guys who used to be in brown shopcoats now wear a corporate shirt and know NOTHING, except how to use the ruddy computer.

I have a set of the 'small chassis' microfiche, and a reader, and I'm afraid you really need the reader! A light box and a large magnifiying glass may do the job!
Lots on ebay.com: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=microfiche+reader&_sop=15

John

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, BC, Canada   CAN
Ah yes, guys in Brown shop coats with a well chewed pipe in their mouth.

Last summer I wanted a generic, 1/4" spigot, fuel filter for our lawnmower (it was never fitted with one)

The computer jockey parts guy insisted on year, make and model :-(

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1978 Triumph TR7

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links