Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RacingDreamz Avatar
RacingDreamz Ben Jones
Mountain City, TN, USA   USA
Just got in a 1980 Triumph TR7 Spider. PO did not know that the driver's side window was off track(must have happened during transit) so, I have the task of getting it back in right. Is there any type of a pictorial guide or video which shows how to do this? Has anyone ever done this.
Thanks in advance for any and all help. smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Ben,

It's not a terribly difficult fix. Once you get the door panel off you should have fairly good access to the problem. If it was me I'd also replace the window regulator, they're cheap and have a tendency to get quite stiff over the years if like me you don't roll them up very often.

gerald4247 Avatar
gerald4247 Gerald Davies
Ventura, CA, USA   USA
As Kevin states it is not a difficult fix...remove the door panel and then the window rear guide can be removed by undoing one bolt (10mm wrench( on the inner door skin that holds it in place (nothing will fly apart). This will then allow you to move the window glass around easily with good access to the window lift regulator. I agree also good idea to replace the regulator and any window guide rubber while you have access

Good luck

Gerald

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Grease the tracks and the winder while you are in there.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links