How to Restore Triumph TR7 & TR8 Book by Roger Williams

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MANN7 William Mann
Norfolk, Virginia, USA   USA
Saw this book on eBay, anyone heard of it? Does it help?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182933551050

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sheetsofsound Avatar
sheetsofsound Brent Taylor
New Westminster, BC, Canada   CAN
I found a copy of it in the trunk of one of the cars I bought. When I got it I had not stripped a car before, so found some parts of it - especially the photos - helpful.

Brent

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, California, USA   USA
I have not seen that book before. The author is big my Jaguar community. he knew his cars. I usually don't buy books with out a buy it now price,. It looks expensive.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RossL Silver Member Ross LoMonaco
New Jersey, USA   USA
You can get a Kindle Edition on Amazon for $18.99

Amazon

Xseries Brian Ridley-Jones
WATERLOOVILLE, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Or the same book from the UK on ebay for about $26 (£19.40). Whilst you would pay more for postage, it would not be $60 !!!
Brian

ebz829 ray dullick
kilmarnock, ayrshire, UK   GBR
1982 Triumph TR7
2003 MG TF
Hi William,
This is an ok manual, used it to help me restoring my tr7 soft top, does not cost that much in the uk,about £20.00 Sterling, think I have two of these,misplaced original,and got replacement,shows a lot of pit falls when looking at tr7.Ray

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, California, USA   USA
Ok, I was incorrect in my earlier post, this is not the same author I thought it was. He is not the author I was thinking of from my Jaguar community. That being said, I just did get a copy of this book today from Amazon, it is full of really good information on the purchase and restoration of our cars. So far it is worth what I paid ($100) with shipping.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

TR7 Spider James S
Denver, Colorado, USA   USA
1959 Triumph TR3A
2006 Mini Cooper S "Daily Driver"
Hi Bill,

This is my eBay listing. Its a great book and helped me restore two of my TR7's. The Fuel Injection and Top Restoration Chapters are well worth what I've paid for the book.

As for the price, from my understanding this book is NLA. Amazon sells them for over $160. I bought a few years back for $180, and was well worth the price. I am open to other offers however.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
James

In reply to # 1500679 by MANN7 Saw this book on eBay, anyone heard of it? Does it help?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182933551050

Cha

TR7 Spider James S
Denver, Colorado, USA   USA
1959 Triumph TR3A
2006 Mini Cooper S "Daily Driver"
Dropped price to $50 buy it now. Thanks.

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
I got one and it was very helpful. I also got How to improve the Triumph TR7, TR7-V8 & TR8 by Williams.

The best collection is from Rimmer; the Original Technical Publications CD-ROM. It has all of the factory maintenance, operator, and parts manuals, plus technical letters, service bulletins, and factory training manuals.

A pretty good collection. I also have the Bentley red bible.

There are also several good manuals on SZ, SU, and Weber carbs.

Read and enjoy.

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1502509 by lgray001 I got one and it was very helpful. I also got How to improve the Triumph TR7, TR7-V8 & TR8 by Williams.

The best collection is from Rimmer; the Original Technical Publications CD-ROM. It has all of the factory maintenance, operator, and parts manuals, plus technical letters, service bulletins, and factory training manuals.

A pretty good collection. I also have the Bentley red bible.

There are also several good manuals on SZ, SU, and Weber carbs.

Read and enjoy.

An advantage to the CD ROM is printing out only the pages you need, and if you have bound copies of the manuals they stay clean, instead of accumulating greasy fingerprints like mine.

BTW, The service bulletins are available on the TWOA web site too.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

lgray001 Avatar
lgray001 Gold Member Larry Gray
Lexington, VA, USA   USA
1976 Triumph TR7 "POS-2"
1979 Triumph TR7 "The Money Pit"
If you have greasy fingerprints on the manuals, you're not keeping the car clean enough (Ha-Ha).

If your car is not leaking, it is out of oil or coolant.

Member Services:
A Small Business serving the aviation community with avionics knowledge.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster