TR 8 Cooling Fan Problem

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
That's good info. i wonder what the original twins draw at start-up. I've had no problems with mine as yet but I kind of wonder what the draw is even when up to speed. My 900 RPM idle drops 200 RPM when the fans start and run. What power hogs! Is your AC operational? Since I never used mine here in NH I could not justify hauling around an extra 40 lbs or so for the sake originality. At any rate getting rid of the condenser sitting there right in front of the radiator allowed the engine to run markedly cooler overall which translated to longer times at idle in traffic before the fans come on. I also am using a 180° thermostat.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
Tom:

I suppose a slo-blow fuse might be an alternative to a 30 amp fuse. confused smiley

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, California, USA   USA
Hi Peter,
I also talked to Gerry (Gary?), like Tom said the Mardyne 14" is willing to take as much amperage as you have (G. said it would take 80 amps if you let it). He also told me that the fan box says it needs a dedicated 30amp circuit and I was blowing 15 & 25 amp fuses too. I wound up running #12 wire from the back of the alternator to the relay so it has enough power, and switching it from the high temp sensor on the manifold (EFI) works great. Thanks, Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster