Filler tube

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

royston Roy Cooper
CAMBRIDGE, ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi, I need to remove the fuel filler neck on my 80 TR7. I have followed the instructions in the workshop manual i.e. remove 3 bolts from filler top, slacken the top hose clamp, but I cannot get the filler tube down low enough to remove from the opening in the trunk. Is there something I'm missing?
Royston

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bergie Bob Berg
Powell, Ohio, USA   USA
try loosening the fuel tank hold down straps as much as possible without taking off which will free up additional movement to wiggle filler hose out...never tried it per the manual...always pulled the tank to get filler neck out...

royston Roy Cooper
CAMBRIDGE, ontario, Canada   CAN
Thanks Bob, I was fast coming to that conclusion myself, but you have solved it.
Thanks again.
Roy.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bergie Bob Berg
Powell, Ohio, USA   USA
You may have to shift the entire tank toward driver side off straps if you need additional inches...ie..push tank upward off straps and move over...if that doesn't work try taking driver Side strap down on front side to lower tank a bit on that side...hopefully you are close to empty with fuel.....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster