TR8 Fog light ?'s

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RossL Silver Member Ross LoMonaco
New Jersey, USA   USA
In reply to # 1499176 by havfam That is how mine works. So, the fog lights now work?

Not yet, I didn't connect the +12 to the lights........... I am going to wire a relay into the circuit so all of the amperage does not have to go through the switch. I am also going to rewire them so I can turn them on and have the switch indicator light on when the front fogs are on without the headlights on.

I like to have some lights on during the day to help others on the road see the car. I will use the fog lights as driving lights so I don't have to flip up the headlights all the time.

I did this with the TR6 and it worked out very well. I used the parking lights/dash lights to power the primary of the relay. I always leave the fog light switch on and whenever I drive the car I turn on the parking lights and subsequently the fogs lights too. I also wired a buzzer to a door switch so I don't forget them on during the day. Only drawback is the fog lights are on all the time and no longer controlled by the hi/lo beam switch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 11:30 AM by RossL.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster