My new to me TR8

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, California, USA   USA
I am 60 years young. I have owned more cars than I can count, I currently own a few of them now.
A 2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT, 1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe, 1963 Falcon Sprint convertible (wife's car).
And now a 1980 TR 8 convertible, Midas gold. I just bought it two weeks ago, and have been fixing it up.
Itn has been a California car it's entire life. It was repainted 4 years ago by the previous owner, plus new carpeting. The top is original and in good shape. He also installed new lower springs and gas shocks.
I have added, new 15" wheels and tires, sport exhaust, new TR 6 steering wheel. I had the paint cut and polished.
I have also replaced the radio with a blue tooth compatible radio. I also have replaced the interior with a new kit from England ( from the Wedge shop).
I also replace the Throttle cable and front spoiler, and reinstalled the missing driving lights. Plus a lot of switches, and I am having the clock rebuilt with a new quartz movement.
I als have purchased The Wedge shops big break upgrade kit (not installed yet).
I will have some photos in a week or two. So far I really like the car, it is a blast. Much better than my 1974 Spitfire, that I bought new. Any way , Hi.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
robtr8 Rob Stephenson
Lake St Louis, Missouri, USA   USA
Congratulations and welcome.

Other resources you may be interested in:

http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/SubCategory--Triumph-TR8--m-222

1980 TR8 - MBT-RX, Overdrive Plus, GM-D9605, GS62, TS-SW2502S4 (2X)
2006 XC90 V8 - AVH3300NEX, PDX-F4 (2X), PDX-M12, L1V2, AR6K, GB12D4 (2X)
2008 328xi - AVH7800BT, GM-D8604, GM-D9605, MT230, GB40, XE 200, Primo 12"
2011 XC60 T6 RD - She won't let me.

RossL Silver Member Ross LoMonaco
New Jersey, USA   USA
Hi Ron,

I also purchased a Gold TR8 in the past month. I have owned a TR6 for 9 years and also had a 1974 Spitfire back in the 80's

Ross

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Engine.jpg    58.8 KB
Engine.jpg

20171110_141243.jpg    82.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_0843[1].JPG    55.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Ron Avery Ron A
Our cars could be twins. According to the last owner, my TR 8 also had the luggage rack on the trunk. He removed it when he repainted the car 4 years ago.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
Oxnard, CA

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Ever notice how the new owners come on here and praise the greatness of the wedge shop, and then there is always a long time owner quick to point out there are other vendors. Hmmm whats being said without being said?

New Jersey, USA   USA
In reply to # 1498360 by TR8todd Ever notice how the new owners come on here and praise the greatness of the wedge shop, and then there is always a long time owner quick to point out there are other vendors. Hmmm whats being said without being said?

Not sure what you are saying here...... We need multiple vendors to keep prices under control and to pick up when others may go out of business. From my limited/new perspective Woody and Ted seem like the guys to ask first

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-17 07:43 AM by RossL.

POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
In reply to # 1498360 by TR8todd Ever notice how the new owners come on here and praise the greatness of the wedge shop, and then there is always a long time owner quick to point out there are other vendors. Hmmm whats being said without being said?

Yep

Ron Avery Ron A
Guy's,
I did not intend any Bad etiquette here on the forum. After many years collecting different brands and makes of cars, I usually find it if there's a good source for parts it's nice to mention it that's all that was meant by my post.
Ron

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
Oxnard, CA

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1498180 by RossL Hi Ron,

I also purchased a Gold TR8 in the past month. I have owned a TR6 for 9 years and also had a 1974 Spitfire back in the 80's

Ross

Ross:

Looks like a very well cared for car. Nice. thumbs up

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

New Jersey, USA   USA
In reply to # 1498447 by Darth V8R
In reply to # 1498180 by RossL Hi Ron,

Ross

Ross:

Looks like a very well cared for car. Nice. thumbs up

Vance

Thanks Vance. I was lucky to buy it from an enthusiast that did take care of it..

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links