Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, California, USA   USA
When I rebuilt my car I looked all over for tie-wraps like they used at the factory, that plug into the holes in the body to hold the various harnesses. I finally found them but the seller only sold in lots of a 1000. So I think I'm finally done with my car and have a lot of these tie-wraps. Thought I would see if anybody is interested (or as anal as I am), before I put them on Ebay. I'll send you 50 ties, I think the car takes 35, for $15 (in the lower 48) that includes postage. Thanks, Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1060757.JPG    17.7 KB
P1060757.JPG

P1060758.JPG    16.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P1040746.JPG    62.9 KB
P1040752.JPG    61.1 KB
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1495206 by bowen6951 When I rebuilt my car I looked all over for tie-wraps like they used at the factory, that plug into the holes in the body to hold the various harnesses. I finally found them but the seller only sold in lots of a 1000. So I think I'm finally done with my car and have a lot of these tie-wraps. Thought I would see if anybody is interested (or as anal as I am), before I put them on Ebay. I'll send you 50 ties, I think the car takes 35, for $15 (in the lower 48) that includes postage. Thanks, Rob

Rob:

That is a good deal.

BTW, McMaster/Carr sells very similar ties. Yours look like the exact part that the factory used, the McMaster/Carr items are very similar and work just fine, but are not identical to the factory part.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

bowen6951 Avatar
Hi Vance,
these are really close to original, they are like half a millimeter narrower. I had pictures of the 2 together but can't find them. It would take a REALLY good judge to see the difference. I'm just "stupid anal" sometimes and this was one of them. Thanks, Rob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Is that red harness wrap stock?

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

bowen6951 Avatar
Hi Pat,
yes, that is a replacement harness and the brown/red tape is the way they came from the factory. Thanks, Rob

Attachments:
New Harness 4.JPG    74.6 KB
New Harness 4.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster