TR7 Wheel styles

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gene0475 Gene S
Downingtown, PA, USA   USA
I am only aware of one style of TR7 wheels- not sure how to describe them but they are raised rectangular cut outs on the outer part of the wheel. Were there any standard types of wheels for the TR7? Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jb4249 Avatar
jb4249 Ted Bush
Highland Heights, USA   USA
TR 8 wheels are a good fit. Stock TR7 where just steel wheels.

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
There were steel spoker wheels on the early 7s, but I don't recommend those. They had a safety recall. TR7 steelies came with 3 different hub cap variants. I think some of the Canadian cars had an option for a different style alloy wheel than the standard TR8 alloy, but I've never seen them. There are a few aftermarket options, but the unusual wheel bolt pattern on the 7 and 8 limits your choices.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carltr7 Avatar
carltr7 carl g
halifax, ns, Canada   CAN
I run 15in J6.5 MGF alloys (see my homepage).

Bought in the UK last fall @ 60UKP without tires.
Shipping to Canada was 110 UKP.
Thats about 270$ CAD. Taxes another 30$ ... so 300$ CAD total.

They bolt right up, bore is correct and the 25mm offset is ideal.
Only issue is they kinda don't play nice with the hub grease covers and as a result I already lost 2 of the plastic centre caps.
The other is the MGFs expect tapered wheel bolts so I had to grab some @ like a buck each.
Not a biggy but worth watching out for.

The exchange rate is pretty good right now but its possible you can get all your hubs redrilled to 100x4 and fit any one of hundreds of those styles and still come out ahead.

For the record I did get 11in rotors & calipers in under the 15s.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster