led bulbs

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Terry Muir Silver Member Terry A. Muir
Vernon, BC, Canada   CAN
I would like to change the dash and door light bulbs to LED how do I find what number the bulbs are in led.
I realize that you will not be able to dim the dash lights that's fine,can you help ??

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HowardB Avatar
HowardB Howard Brissenden
Potton, Bedfordshire, UK   GBR
I am slowly swapping all my bulbs to LED's. The instrument console ones were first and obtained via a contact on another forum in Norway/Sweden some years back. They well visible on the rather blurred attached photo:-

In bad daylight and in bright sunshine they make the speedo/rev counter clearly visible and much to my surprise it is possible to dim them with care using the existing control.

More recently I have been using a supplier in the USA who lists the correct bulbs for our cars - there list is not 100% correct, but its a very good start. Type Superbrightleds into your search engine to find them. Please note that I am a satisfied user and have no other links to them.

Cheers

Howard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 12:30 PM by HowardB.

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
The Wedge Shop has LED bulbs for the dash.

In reply to # 1488968 by Terry Muir I would like to change the dash and door light bulbs to LED how do I find what number the bulbs are in led.
I realize that you will not be able to dim the dash lights that's fine,can you help ??

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, California, USA   USA
Hi Terry,
as mentioned above I used SuperbrightLEDS for my lights. I did have a problem when I put an LED in the ignition light (so don't do that) as it did not draw enough voltage to trigger the alternator to charge. Thanks, Rob

Below is a list of the bulbs I used:
74-A amber - 2
74-R red - 4
74-G green - 2
74-B blue - 1
WLED-G4-90: Green Wide - 4
including shipping $24.06
194-G4-90 4 LED - Green Wide (on different bill, I think they were for the center console)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

P.S. buy extra as I had a couple duds.

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1489547 by bowen6951 Hi Terry,
as mentioned above I used SuperbrightLEDS for my lights. I did have a problem when I put an LED in the ignition light (so don't do that) as it did not draw enough voltage to trigger the alternator to charge. Thanks, Rob

Below is a list of the bulbs I used:
74-A amber - 2
74-R red - 4
74-G green - 2
74-B blue - 1
WLED-G4-90: Green Wide - 4
including shipping $24.06
194-G4-90 4 LED - Green Wide (on different bill, I think they were for the center console)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

P.S. buy extra as I had a couple duds.

Why did you buy colors since the panel has lenses? And how did they work out?

nick

bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, California, USA   USA
Hi Nick,
the general consensus seems to be to use bulbs the same color as any lens as the light projects through them better. Everything seems to be bright and well illuminated. They can be dimmed with the rheostat. I never drove the car with incandescent bulbs but there is quite a difference between what the ignition warning light is with the LED and with the regular bulb. Thanks, Rob

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1489612 by bowen6951 Hi Nick,
the general consensus seems to be to use bulbs the same color as any lens as the light projects through them better. Everything seems to be bright and well illuminated. They can be dimmed with the rheostat. I never drove the car with incandescent bulbs but there is quite a difference between what the ignition warning light is with the LED and with the regular bulb. Thanks, Rob

Thx. Never new that.

nick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster