Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ejd3rd Avatar
ejd3rd Ed D
West Hempstead, New york, USA   USA
Hi, does anyone have any idea of how many 1981 fuel injection tr7 dhc, posiden green, camel int cars were produced. Im wondering if this is a rare combo and low production number since it's toward the end of the run?
Thank you,
Ed

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Its rare by TR7 standards, but that does not mean thats its worth more money. FI TR7s have a slight price advantage over carbed models. Convertibles have a price advantage over coupes. Certain colors are better looking than others, so a red one will sell easier than a brown one. 81s in general were pretty rare. That camel interior is not available and never will be again. FI models are nice when they run, but many of them have been changed back to carbs, just so they would run. A TR7 is only worth what you can get someone to pay for it. Book values are way out of whack, so don't even use them as a price starting point. 81s came in some really nice colors that were only available in 81. Unfortunately Poseidon Green is not one of them. It was a very popular color for 1980 model years as well. That means that the color itself isn't rare. I'd bet there were more Poseidon 1980 model TR7s than there were all colors of the 1981 model TR7s. If you were ranking TR7s by value strictly by color, I'd give Poseidon a 7 or 8 points out of ten. If its running, I'd say the FI makes it worth 1.2 times as much as a carbed model. If its not running, I'd say its worth 1.2 times less than a non running carbed version. If its a parts car, its worth 2 to 3 times as much as a carbed parts car just because of the FI parts that other FI owners will want.

ejd3rd Avatar
ejd3rd Ed D
That's some great info/advice. So, mine is definitely an 81, has camel tartan interior, I spent months to rescue and get the fuel injection working, but maybe I have the green color wrong? See photo
I also have a corvette, and I know with them you can pinpoint exactly how many were produced of a certain color, with this or that option.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170905_164932.jpg    71.5 KB
20170905_164932.jpg

dhuddleson Avatar
dhuddleson David Huddleson
Manotick, Ontario, Canada   CAN
I think that is Poseidon Green, but the interior is called Golden Tan check.

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Golden tan check is still available and was available on 1980 model years. I'm sure some of the golden tan check snuck onto a few 81s, but in general the 81 tan interiors look more like a corduroy bath robe. The corduroy interiors are not available. If its an 81, VIN will start with SAT. If its an 80 it will start with a TPV. There are a few exceptions to that VIN rule, but that should cover 99% of the TR7s

bowen6951 Avatar
bowen6951 Gold Member rob bowen
Fontana, California, USA   USA
Hi Ed,
if you have not already join the Triumph Wedge Owners Association (TWOA), they have all the production numbers. I don't know if their info breaks down interior numbers or not, remember these were built in England (that's good enough mate) not O.C.D. Bowling Green. Thanks, Rob

ejd3rd Avatar
ejd3rd Ed D
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

navydiver Rob Cornick
san diego, california, USA   USA
1975 Triumph TR7 "The Pumpkin"
1977 Triumph TR7
1978 Triumph TR8
1980 Triumph TR7 "The Plum"    & more
If you join the TR7 owners group on FB and send the VIN to Christopher Kenneth Smith, he will be able to tell you all about it. He has all the factory build records.

1975 TR7 FHC Ca Spec ACL 4spd
1976 TR7 FHC Ca Spec 4 spd (Temp add)
1977 TR7 FHC ACW 5Spd
1978 TR8 DHC ACT FI development car 5 Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI Spider 5Spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5spd
1980 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd
1981 TR7 DHC FI 5 spd

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster