TRExp

TR7 & TR8 Forum

TR7 Turn Signal Switch - replace or repair?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

autocran Chris R
Plano, Texas, USA   USA
Hi all,

After getting my '76 FHC up and running, I'm starting to tackle some of the smaller things that have plagued the car. Next up is the turn signal switch.

I planned on just replacing it - as a new replacement unit is about $50 (through Victoria British).

Anyone have any luck with these? I found some old posts that mentioned the Chinese knock-offs failed after just a few uses. Is the one through VB a knock-off?

Also - once I have the one on car removed, is it easy to repair?

Any other advice or suggestions are welcome!

thanks!

Chris
Plano, Texas
'76 Java Green FHC

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1487721 by autocran Hi all,

After getting my '76 FHC up and running, I'm starting to tackle some of the smaller things that have plagued the car. Next up is the turn signal switch.

I planned on just replacing it - as a new replacement unit is about $50 (through Victoria British).

Anyone have any luck with these? I found some old posts that mentioned the Chinese knock-offs failed after just a few uses. Is the one through VB a knock-off?

Also - once I have the one on car removed, is it easy to repair?

Any other advice or suggestions are welcome!

thanks!

Chris

At that price, it is almost certainly a knock off.

These guys offer the real thing: Auto Electric Spares

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

Tri-Al Avatar
Tri-Al Al Markowski
Cleveland, Ohio, USA   USA
As long as nothing is "broken" on the original, I would rebuild it! If you need new parts for it, get them off a cheap "knockoff" one! That's what I did and it's working just fine. They're built the same and quite simple to rebuild, plus you will NOT have to alter the plug in connection at all!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster