AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
North Providence, rhode island, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Alan Roseman posted some very nice pictures (he always does a good job) from this years British Invasion in Stowe
They are posted in the Spitfire and GT6 forum, Alan is a Spitfire guy,
Under the heading British Invasion Photo Album
At this time it's about half way down the page. Worth a gander- for sure

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dhuddleson Avatar
dhuddleson David Huddleson
Manotick, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Jim,

Where were you? If Woody and gang made it up from Taunton, I am sure your TR8 could have made it from Rhode Island... we were there at Stowe!

uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hi Dave
Wish I could have been there but I had a bachelor party Saturday night for my favorite nephew . And I had the christening for my first grandchild (a boy) on Sunday Some things you just don't want to miss! Maybe next year. Alan might come by over the weekend and I'm sure he will bring we up to speed. If not, I'm supposed to go to Taunton this week and I'm sure Woody will give me details.
Going to a car show tomorrow, 2nd annual John Martins Foundation , at McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket R.I. If you get a chance check out the site johnmartinsfoundation.org This is a charity and remembrance of John Martins, a local car dealer and tow business operator (on a grand scale) who lost his life in a fiery wrecker accident about two years ago. The proceeds go to the foundation to help other burn victims. John was a pretty nice guy and this is just a way for car guys to remember him. For all his success and prosperity he still liked to get behind the wheel! Once again I'll probably be the only Triumph there! Definitely the only TR8, be in touch, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hello David
I went to that show Saturday and because of previous commitments left before trophy time. Got a call last night from my daughter saying that there was somebody here with a trophy for me!! Quite surprised. There were no classes. Lots of street rods and muscle cars, even a 1912 international harvestor truck. Maybe our cars are starting to get a little love and respect? Maybe it was the red plaid interior? Then again there were only two English cars there so I could be the token Brit lol. At any rate proud of 007 getting a little recognition and thought I would share, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

Attachments:
IMG_2418.JPG    37.4 KB
IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG    40.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster