AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
North Providence, RI, USA   USA
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hello Todd. Car looks good, especially considering what it looked like at the very beginning . I'm looking to buy a new 4 post lift before the end of the year and remember yours was pretty nice. Could you tell me what brand it is and if you bought it locally? Thanks, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
Not sure of the brand name, but its one of those Chinese lifts. It has worked well for me. Bought it from this guy. https://garybloomsales.com I like the fact that it has detachable wheels so you can push it around the shop if you want to move it. Total cost is under $3K. Mine is considered a parking and storage lift.

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Glad you're sorted.
'Cos alimony is probably more than the car's worth.
John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hello Todd Thank you for the info Funny thing is , I was all set to go to Greg Smith in Hudson N H and uyy an Atlas 4 post lift. Last night somebody else told me about Gary Bloom in Canton Ma. They carry Direct Lift which appears to be the same Chinese lift as the Atlas but the drive is half as far. I have my old Bear 9000 lb two post for doing real work. The Chinese lift would be to give me more space by stacking cars. Next thing is to compare pricing as there would be no tax in N H . If anybody else out there has any advice or recommendation please chime in, thanks and Merry Christmas, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, CA, USA   USA
Todd,

Keeping the starter wife is critical to maintaining your hobbies. The best advice I ever got on marriage was from an old salt who simply said " Don't ask why she shot you, just get in the ambulance!"

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
I have a 4 post and a one post lift in my two car garage. I purchased them from American custom lifts, in Southern California. Mine are bolted to the floor, but they do offer wheels for the 4 post. Both lifts are made in Texas.

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

Attachments:
Full_wide.jpg    35.7 KB
Full_wide.jpg

86_front.jpg    59 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Falcon.jpg    59.2 KB
workbench.jpg    52.1 KB
uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
Hello Ron. That lift made in Texas would that be a Wurth? They are supposed to be pretty nice but pricey. American made with American steel, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

Ron Avery Ron A
Oxnard, CA, USA   USA
Interesting you should ask. I just looked at the 4 post lift. The company's info is. Quality Lifts inc, 200 cabel st,Louisville,KY.Model # Q4P07. I was told it was made in Texas. I think it was $ 3000 pluse installation.

Ron
1980 TR 8
1965 E-Type Jaguar
2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT
Oxnard, CA

uspsmech Avatar
uspsmech Jim F
1978 Triumph TR8 "007"
I will have to check that one out. Thank you for the info, Jim

" Enjoy the Drive", Jim

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster