Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
Some of you may know that sun visors for the Wedge can be had from a Aldridge in the UK. They are available on Ebay UK for about $100 with shipping (or carriage as the Brits like to say) in black only. However, if you are a member of TWOA they can be bought for about $70. I just ordered a pair. The above price will vary somewhat due to exchange rate fluctuations.

nick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
gerald4247 Gerald Davies
Ventura, California, USA   USA
Just got a pair for my 1980 convertible in July....cost GB Pounds 52.50 including shipping (carriage). Good quality. You will need to install your mounting hardware into them from your original ones so do not throw it out......!!
Contact person at Aldridge is Jenni.

Gerald

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 1477752 by gerald4247 Just got a pair for my 1980 convertible in July....cost GB Pounds 52.50 including shipping (carriage). Good quality. You will need to install your mounting hardware into them from your original ones so do not throw it out......!!
Contact person at Aldridge is Jenni.

Gerald

How does the quality stack up?

nick

erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
For $15.USD you can buy a black/white visor with mounting bar at half price from TRF, then get a color match vinyl dye spray for your 8. Only have the LH visors! Many other deals at half price.

http://trf.zeni.net/longlist/26.php#navbar

sliproc Avatar
sliproc Kevin Quistberg E
Long Beach, california, USA   USA
Nick,

I got a pair from Aldridge the quality is excellent and they install in minutes using original hardware. I think the cost was about $100, well worth it I thought after years of droopy original sand bags.

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1477747 by nick Some of you may know that sun visors for the Wedge can be had from a Aldridge in the UK. They are available on Ebay UK for about $100 with shipping (or carriage as the Brits like to say) in black only. However, if you are a member of TWOA they can be bought for about $70. I just ordered a pair. The above price will vary somewhat due to exchange rate fluctuations.

When I restored my wedge, TWOA was still attempting to locate a source. So I purchased Triumph Stag sun visors from Robsport. They are a drop in, although they do not have the small flaps on the ends. They have been working just fine. My old ones were a total sagging mess, so I am happy with them. Would prefer the correct blue sun visors, but oh well...

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
It is a shame they only come in black. Which colors are available in the the Stag ones? I could use some white ones for my FHC. Where can the Stag ones be sourced?

nick

Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, Oregon, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1478231 by nick It is a shame they only come in black. Which colors are available in the Stag ones? I could use some white ones for my FHC. Where can the Stag ones be sourced?

The Stag visors are available from Robsport, among others (Check eBay in the UK, many people sell them). As to colors, well I don't know, at the time Robsport carried any color you wanted, as long as it was black. Be certain to order the left hand drive visors if you are in north America. There are right hand versions also available.
Honestly, if they are not available in your preferred color, buy them anyway and paint them. There are paints especially for vinyl, available at your FLAPS. I was too lazy to do that, but I have painted my dash to get it ship-shape, with very good results.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster