AutoShrine Sponsor

TR8todd Avatar
TR8todd Todd Kishbach
Mass, USA   USA
1977 Triumph TR7 "Rally Fraud"
1978 Triumph TR8
1979 Triumph TR7
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
The TR8 uses a different radiator attachment system than the 7. The 8 angles top back bottom forward. The lower part sits lower and forward, but the top part positions the whole rad forward under the front cowl more than a TR7. The AC cars had a complete 2 piece unit that caged the AC fans and did all the mounting and positioning. The Non AC 8s had a very similar lower mount and the tops looked like TR7 top mounts but longer, and they point to the front instead of the rear. The top ones are available from Rimmers, but they are not cheap. Don't know about the lowers being available or not. Best bet is to fabricate them. I have fabricated drop brackets that bolt to the body and locate a TR7 lower support where the TR8 one sits. Not difficult to do. Tops will be a little harder to do. I have both AC and non AC supports in my stash if you need pics. Reluctant to sell them because nobody wants to pay what they are worth. My advise is to fabricate your own, but thats easy for me to say, because I have the parts here to copy, and 8s to look at. Hard to make something you can't visualize.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster