Headlamp Flasher

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Headers John Headland
Nottingham, Notts, UK   GBR
I must admit I prefer my non working Pektron unit to yours!
I still haven't managed to source a new one yet.
Can't believe how expensive they are, and how difficult to find.
Might try and take it to bits!

We dont get everything £1.20 a litre of fuel?

Thanks to the Tax man.!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Darth V8R Avatar
Darth V8R Vance Navarrette
Beaverton, OR, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
In reply to # 1302679 by Headers I must admit I prefer my non working Pektron unit to yours!
I still haven't managed to source a new one yet.
Can't believe how expensive they are, and how difficult to find.
Might try and take it to bits!

We dont get everything £1.20 a litre of fuel?

Thanks to the Tax man.!

Try Robsport. Great supplier for our wedges. They list the Pektron unit for less than 20 pounds.
Robsport Pektron

This is the REAL Pektron, not the poseur we get in the US.

Vance

1980 Platinum Metallic TR8, navy blue interior
Bare metal respray, Crower cam, raised compression
ported heads, modified Zenith carbs, 0.060" overbore

erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
I know this post and reply is about 2 years old, but I have a question and comment hoping someone will reply.

Have a 1981 TR8 FI. The headlamp flasher does not work. Neither does the buzzer for the seat belt or if keys left in ignition. I found the part # in the Parts Catalogue as UKC7341 page 31-47 (Daytime Flash) and AAU1110 page 31-48 (seat belt warning buzzer). Both are Pektron parts.
Questions, which is the proper part # to use to flash to high beam, would be nice if ignition buzzer worked too, but I will check to make sure the PO did not disengage the wires for both buzzers. Also, when pushing back on the signal/horn/flasher stalk is there a click sound when engaging the contacts? Mine is silent.
Just emailed Robsport to get price and availability.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nick Avatar
nick nick m
Bend, OR, USA   USA
The US cars did not come with a flash-able headlight. You only get an annoying seat belt buzzer with the US Pektronic. They look alike but are not the same.

nick

HowardB Avatar
HowardB Howard Brissenden
Potton, Bedfordshire, UK   GBR
This attached link will allow you to download a set of wiring diagrams I prepared last year for my UK 81 model with a detailed explanation of how the Pektron unit functions. It may help.

TR7 Wiring drawings

Happy New Year

Howard (Doha, Qatar)

erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
Nick,
Thanks for the info and maybe that's why the buzzer doesn't work as you say it would be annoying. Anyhow, nice job on the schematics, you must be an EE.

Happy NY!

POW Peter Wirth
HEBRON, NH - New Hampshire, USA   USA
With lights off, my U.S. '81 flashes with the stock but the shells don't raise. With lights on and up they can be flashed to high beam. If I really want to signal another driver I simply turn the lights on, give a quick pull on the stock and shut them off. More operations for the driver but apparently quicker than the cars so equipped 'flash' option, as per John Headland - post #4.

erictr6 Avatar
erictr6 eric l
Denver, NC, USA   USA
I just tried flashing the lights with the shells down, nothing happens. With shells up, low beams on, pull stalk towards driver, nothing, push stalk away and they go to high beams. I guess if you need to flash someone go from high to low or low to high. That should do it.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1960 Triumph TR3A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links