Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dhuddleson Avatar
dhuddleson David Huddleson
Manotick, Ontario, Canada   CAN
The mechanical parts of the clock do get gummed up after 40 years or so, and many of the non-working clocks in TR7 and TR8 vehicles can likely be returned to working order with a little gentle TLC, and not extremely difficult to do. There have been a couple of articles written up for the TWOA club newsletter (or the TR8CCA previous to that) about the transistor clock, but at least one of those articles actually talks about adjusting to improve its accuracy. Yes, there is an adjustment lever to speed up or slow down the clock! And for those that care, the final (1981) production year of the Wedges received a quartz clock, so they tend to be more reliable and still usually still running!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
darrellwalker Darrell Walker
Vancouver, Washington, USA   USA
1966 Triumph TR4A "Christy"
1981 Triumph TR8 "Kate"
In reply to # 1492985 by dhuddleson And for those that care, the final (1981) production year of the Wedges received a quartz clock, so they tend to be more reliable and still usually still running!

I believe that is only the last of the 81 production, my May 81 TR8 still has the regular clock. I also think the quartz clocks can be identified by the time adjustment being through the front, rather that the cable under the dash.

Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

rainking1958 Avatar
rainking1958 Randy Scott
Green, ohio, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Kermit"
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Runt"
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead
1980 Triumph TR8    & more
It’s the only thing on my 7 and both 8’s that works consistently. Everything else needs constant adjusting and massaging. Fun to drive temperamental little cars
But the 8’s a a blast to drive

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster