Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
That was my situation Randy, my old original switch is still working but the two plastic tabs that hold the switch in the dash are broken so the whole switch wanted to pop out of the dash. Probably due to 50 years of being in the sun. Therefore my quest to create a new one started. Moss has the switch (red only) but I thought it is a bit on the high cost side (my personal opinion). I'm trying to make a few that will pass the "eyeball" test and do a limited run of them for the few enthusiasts that need them. If your top rocker cover is still nice, the overlay really looks as good as my picture shows. Does your 70 TR6 have the 4 terminal switch, once again I thought only 69 TR6 had these. My 70 GT6 has the later 6 terminal switches that are still available.

This switch in the TR250 is miserable to get at.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Britnut Avatar
Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, TX, USA   USA
Brian-

I am not sure what commission number the change was made, but Moss lists that pricey switch for cars through 1971. My 70 has the 4 prong setup, and yes its still a pain to get at.

Randy

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Hi all. I think I'm going to call this last revision the end of this project. I think ii's an acceptable switch that will look and function good in my TR250. It was a bit of a process, not so much on 3D printing the rocker switch itself but getting the "triangle" looking good. I think I've got it now. Is it perfect--no- but looks better than the old one I had. One observation might be that for a 50 yr. old car the switch now looks TOO new but exposure to sun and weather should give it some age. In picture -1, my original old switch cover is there but with a new "face". The lighting isn't good in the pictures, too much light reflection but you get the idea. Now I have to pop this in my dash and you all know how much fun that will be. My TR is in its winter garage now but when the weather gets better, I'll go at it. Took me 8 try's to get it to this point but I think it will be a good addition to my TR as I clean up the details. Now if I could get good enough weather to repaint the TR, it now needs that after 20 years. Now onto my next project.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 08:43 AM by Bpt70gt.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TR250 HAZARD SW REV8-1.JPG    56.9 KB
TR250 HAZARD SW REV8-1.JPG

TR250 HAZARD SW REV8-2.JPG    50.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TR250 HAZARD SW REV8-3.JPG    48.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
oregon250 Chris P
Salem, OR, USA   USA
Great work Brian.
Our 250 is fairly early.......460. Known since about '77, Believed to be the original switch. Hard to tell the original color of the arrow as the arrow seems to have no color left. Faded is the word for the body though. It is a pale pale grey compared to any of the pictures and is a 4 terminal switch. As far as the original color of this switch, it is too hard to tell. One would guess that the 250 being the "safety" year that red might have been the color of the arrow, but who knows as white is the color of the "pictures" on all the other switches. Either way, if you have any spares left, we would be interested in one.

Thanks.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Triumph TR3A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links