Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1956 Avatar
1956 Jeffrey Lampinski
Media, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Hi folks: I'm looking for the DelcoRemy distributor that came equipped with a vacuum unit that had two nipples - advance and retard (pictured). I believe it was a D204, but may be mistaken. It was on the U.S. based 250s and should have been on U.S. based 1968 GT6 Mk 1s to accommodate anti-smog controls. I wish I could say I need one for a 250, as I admire those cars, but I really need it for my 1968 GT6 Mk. 1. I am a purist and am intent on getting it as close to stock as possible. Please PM me if you have one available or can point me to a source. Many thanks. Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
GT6 distributor module - 2 nipples.jpg    48.3 KB
GT6 distributor module - 2 nipples.jpg

TR250Guy Avatar
TR250Guy Tim Moore
Dayton, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "TRminator"
The TR250 never came with the Delco distributor. It had the Lucas 22D6 distributor

1968 TR250 "TRminator"
Owned since 1980
Frame off rotisserie restoration completed in 11-2014 by myself and my brother

Attachments:
22D6.jpg    23.2 KB
22D6.jpg

Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-D204-7953545-AC-Delco-Distributor-GT6-Spitfire-/332351213040?hash=item4d61ad0df0:g:OywAAOSwLEtYijdS&vxp=mtr

I don't know if this is any good, but ebay has this available (above link).

They also have this from a Spitfire:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-Factory-Delco-D-204-Tach-Drive-Distributor-/222578560501?hash=item33d2b74df5:g:lQsAAOSwnlhZZXU8&vxp=mtr

There are some others on ebay. Just search for Triumph distributor D204 and select used for the condition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1956 Avatar
1956 Jeffrey Lampinski
Thanks for this lead Brian. I'd found both, and each appears to be for an early Spitfire, with a single advance port. And yes, they did come equipped with a Lucas 22D6, Lucas number 41202. Perhaps the car I've seen substituted the D204.

Jeff

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Jeff,
Heres a 204 distr. No vac on it. $35 and shipping
Marv

Attachments:
image.jpeg    59.5 KB
image.jpeg

1956 Avatar
1956 Jeffrey Lampinski
Hi Marv - Looks like something may be going on at the opening for the low tension lead? A chunk out of the casing perhaps. I may need it for other parts if I have to cobble one together from a number of cores. I'll be in touch if so. Thanks for the offer and contact. Much appreciated.

Jeff

titanic Berry P
Albany, Oregon, USA   USA
Can anyone verify that the Delco dist. was ever used on a TR250? I am with Tim Moore until proven otherwise.
Berry

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
I've owned at least a dozen 250 and seen that many more. Never saw a 250 with a DM204 dizzy. Saw them on GT6s, thats where the one I have is from.
Marv

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
These were in the gt6's. IMO, there is a reason you don't see them anymore... no parts availability aside from cap and rotor. I looked for a few years for a vacuum advance and gave up. I'm restoring my gt6 to very original and am putting a 68 vintage Lucas in it. I'll keep the delco to put on a shadow box with other rare parts from the car that I didn't use. Kyle.

1956 Avatar
1956 Jeffrey Lampinski
Hi Kyle - I found 4 junkyard dizzies and hope to cobble together a functioning one. Agree these are scarce as compared with the Lucas dual vac dizzy. I may go that route if necessary.

Jeff

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster