Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
That's not a bad start for someone to grab. NO affiliation.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
Depends on how low it goes. The one thing that makes this car interesting is its an original overdrive car. However, it needs a body off frame de-rusting and paint job, an entire interior (including at new dash), a new top, probably new tires, and that's before looking at the brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, etc. You could put $20 to $25K getting it back in shape. The reserve isn't met, and its really not worth more than $10K max.

Carera John D
Tampa, CA, USA   USA
depends on the build plan, but htat sure is nice

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
It will be interesting to see how high it goes. I've seen a lot worse go for 13K which I thought was outrageous but it's can be a great 250 some day.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
It does look like a pretty decent car. A TR250 sold on Ebay a few months ago in Birmingham, not near as nice, no OD for $17500.

Marv

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Even Hagerty values one in POOR condition at 13K. I think the current one on ebay is in much better condition. Fun to watch where it goes from here. I just put an aluminum Surrey top on mine yesterday so that my bump up the value a bit.

triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Car looks great! If I didn't already have one I would be bidding.

Chad in Tulsa

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Chad, but having two TR250 sounds really nice! But then I see you already have a large stable of British steel. I've only have two but that's enough to keep me busy.

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Good looking car for restoration - all about how high it goes. With still three days left it's up to almost $12k - getting pricey - given all the work that will likely be needed. Looks like a 4A front grill, and a header - so it's had someone wrenching on it at some point. But other than that appears very original.

I'm sure there's been more paid for worse. Interesting to see where it goes.

Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

stevemaier Avatar
stevemaier Steve Maier
Underwood, Washington, USA   USA
Does look like a good restoration candidate and agree you will be into it another $25k when it is done. Halfway through restoration on my first TR250 and hoping I finish it that cheaply.

I picked up a one owner, much cleaner TR250 last year for $18k and felt that was on the steep side - reconsidering that now seeing where this is going. Yes, I have a pair of TR250 nows, just could not pass up the survivor which I have just done maintenance work on.

If someone on here picks up this eBay car and replaces the seat upholstery, I would like to buy the original seat bottom upholstery if it is not torn. My survivor has torn seat bottoms and would love to find a original to replace it with.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster