Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Put one on from moss and the threads dont match up with the filter. So much so that when the filter is tightened down it doesn't sit square and therefor pukes oil out past the filter gasket.

K&n hp2008 filter just like moss suggests

Answers?

Scott

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
You could try another cheap filter...try buying a fram ph3600 from Canadian Tire and see if it fits any better.

Cheers
Tush

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
The 3600 or equal has always worked for me. I prefer WIX filters, the number is 51516, never had a leakage problem with my adapter. Forgot where I got it many years ago.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Stampy Avatar
I should add that even as the filter went on it was apperent that the threads were not matched. I'm doing the work at a friends shop and we tried probably 10 different fliters that had the same diameter of hole. All of them had a coarser thread than the adapter and all of them as they were tightened became slightly askew with the gasket/ flange mating surface.

Stampy Avatar
Well, brain stormed with Moss a bit on what the reason may be that the filter
is not seating properly and couldn't come up with a difinitive reason.
They have kindly shipped a new adapter without charge.

Cant ask for more than that.

And they don't even want the defective one back. So no hassle all around. Talked to a couple of nice folks there.

Scott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster