Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
I agree, way to much $$$ for what they are supplying.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501156 by tirnipgreen I just looked at that one on Craigs...

Is the backlight glass seal cut in two pieces...? Where's the chrome trim strip in the seal...? Where are the interior finishing panels...?
Where is the headliner...? The hardtop panel seals look funky. The hardtop panel has the bolts sticking out of it...no captive nuts...!
Where's the soft top...? Where's the soft top frame...?
The paint looks nice...

Just sayin'...Ryals

It’s original...I recognize the trim on the backlight. It’s ancient and not so easily sourced. No the seal should be one piece but it’ll need replacing regardless.

The headliner is there...it’s just black and not very well done

Bottom line it’s silly money and will more than likely sit

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
The one item that was missing when I purchased my surrey top were the 2 Escutcheon plates (#611668) located on the top rim of the backlight frame where the bolts go thru to hold the top mid roof section on. I couldn't find a source for them so I prototyped one on a 3D printer to make sure it would fit, then made them from steel. They work good, I painted them white because my headliner is white.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TR250 Surrey top eschustion plate.JPG    32.2 KB
TR250 Surrey top eschustion plate.JPG

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
they look good!

fyi, they're available thru revingtonTR in stainless, but not cheap...well 25 a pop. actually i think TRF lists them, but they're like $40

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
You're right Todd. I did see the ones TRF had but at $25 each, I couldn't see spending $50 plus shipping for a couple pieces of stamped sheet metal. I should have checked to see if Revington had them but still at their price and shipping it would be in the same $50 range. So I spent an afternoon in the work shop and had fun doing them. Instead of having ones made from 20 gage sheet metal, I made mine from 11 gage stock. These little plates were the last two things I needed to finish off my surrey top. It still worked without them but it looks nice and finished with these installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 09:59 AM by Bpt70gt.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links