Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Has anyone had an issue with a new PVC valve not seating snug in the manifold?

Just got a new one from Moss and it's not exactly a precision fit.

Scott

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Are you saying it won't tighten up on the threads? In that case you may have damaged threads in the manifold or bad threads on the new PCV valve. If neither is the case you may just have to use a sealing compound or Teflon tape to get it to seal. You don't want any vacuum leaks.

Stampy Avatar
There ate no threads. On either the valve or the manifold

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Sorry Scott, in answering your question I referenced the TR250 service manual, and it is wrong. It just says to unscrew the body of the valve from the manifold. I took a look at my TR250 and of course you are right. It's been many years since I had that valve off my TR but I think I recall that the valve is a press fit into the hole in the manifold. If that is the case then either the new valve has an undersize diameter or the manifold hole is now oversize. Still a problem for you though. If it's just slightly loose then you may be able to hold it in and seal it with a Loctite product.

Stampy Avatar
Hi Brian

I used some rtv silicon to seat the valve into the oriface. I used the type used for exhaust gaskets as the top of the manifold gets really hot. This stuff is good to 315 C.

That should do it.

Stay tuned...new u-joints, axles, wheel bearings and lever shocks all go in on Thursday.

Scott

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
That's good!!! Keep working on it. Last weekend I went to a British car show and there were only 2 TR250's out of 202 cars and one of them was mine.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster