TR250 active members here???

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

eds48spokes edwin depasqual
reston, virginia, USA   USA
This is what it looked like when I first saw it. Don't know how long the cover had been compromised. I spent a little time cleaning it up and put new tires on it.
Ed

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2026.JPG    45.9 KB
IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG    38.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Great find and buy. I drug one just like it out of a barn a year ago. Original owner put it there in 88. I spent a month on it getting it back to glory. Original owner will not sell but he said I get first shot at it.
Marv

Attachments:
image.jpeg    68 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    68.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
It just proves that there are still great finds out there on these cars. The more the better.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1471120 by Brian Oklahoma The TR250 and TR5 forum was just recently established. Before that TR250s were grouped with TR4s and TR5s were grouped with TR6s (or vice versa - can't remember for sure). In many cases its easier to ask questions on either the TR4 or TR6 forum (depending on what part of the car) and get a response from a much larger audience.

i've posted a note to admin about this very subject. probably wouldn't hurt if others did it too. the 250 & 5 belong with the 6. i've pointed out the Bentley manual has them grouped that way. of course i'm used to that being a long time 6-pack member

todd

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
Being new to the forum but feeling like i found my niche i think it's worth while having a separate forum for the 250/5.

The uniqueness of this car is something i have admired for some time. The fact that they are starting to encroach the vintage 911 market value wise is a feather in the bonet to.

I was looking at post long hood Porsche's 4 years ago and they were a cheaper price of a well done 250 today.

Giovanni's 4/5/250 design blends so many other body elements in it. The ultimate being the 2000 from the Triumph family. But you can really see his progression from thw other coach works. Its a shame he didn't get to do the 6.

Anyway just my 2 Canadian cents. But we dont make the penny anymore so lets call it a nickle with 3 cents change.

Scott

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
I too like the independence of the 250 forum. I don't have to sift through the TR6 forum to try to ferret relevant items for the 250. I do like looking at the TR6 subjects. Sort of like the Spitfire/GT6 combined forum, I have to constantly look there to find GT6 subjects.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1472305 by Bpt70gt I too like the independence of the 250 forum. I don't have to sift through the TR6 forum to try to ferret relevant items for the 250. I do like looking at the TR6 subjects. Sort of like the Spitfire/GT6 combined forum, I have to constantly look there to find GT6 subjects.

On the flip side of that, I don't look on this forum that often because it's not very busy.

In my opinion, having the collective wisdom of the 6 folks would benefit the 250/5 owners. Seems like there are way more 6 owners on this site so you're getting much more diverse knowledge than those of 250/5 alone

Seems to work ok over on 6-PACK. Granted, different forum w different people frequenting

Todd

DavidCole Silver Member David Cole
KY, USA   USA
I must admit, I spend most of my time on 6-Pack and rarely have enough time to get over here. BAT and Barn Finds keep me busy too. I like the format of this site very much though.

David

vancouver, washington, USA   USA
Here's another TR250. #841 off the assembly line.
Mike C

Attachments:
040.JPG    68.4 KB
040.JPG

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
This is about the only evidence of mine

Attachments:
IMG_3696.JPG    45.2 KB
IMG_3696.JPG

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Very early number Mike and in great condition.

David DPS Avatar
David DPS David S
Louisville, Kentucky, USA   USA
I have three TR 250's, just haven't said much.

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1474421 by David DPS I have three TR 250's, just haven't said much.

Quiet is the one with the stable of 3.
We'll just have to draw you out of your shell.

Scott

vancouver, washington, USA   USA
Aha! A hoarder. Mike And Frank on on their way. Seriously, we have at least 16 TR250s in our Portland, Oregon club and I am sure there are more out there locally. Sometime back I saw where someone claimed that there were only 600 left registered in the U.S. I think there must be many more lurking about. My 250 is just a project but I will admit that once in a while I will crack a beer, roll the car out, and sit in a lawn chair and admire the beautiful Michelotti lines. I will surmise that I am not the only one to do this.
Mike C

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Wikipedia is one source that says there are "approximately 600 left worldwide" but who knows what they use for sources. I've also seen this figure in one of my Triumph books that I have. Anyway, some area's of the country are more privileged to have more of them than others, I suspect that the colder and snowy states may have fewer of them such as the New England area. I hope there are more in barns to be found.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster