Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

StagByTriumph Avatar
StagByTriumph Glenn Merrell
Lafayette, Colorado, USA   USA
I just stumbled across this Forum a few days ago, not sure why I did not know of it.

Here is my TR250, CD8138L !

All Original, completely rust free, numbers matching car. I am the 3rd owner, 2nd owner had it for 37 years in Wyoming.

BTW, anyone know of a guy in Saugerties NY who has/had a collection of Triumphs?
I sold him my totaled ( t-boned) TR250 in 1981 and would like to track it down to match up some Commission numbers to some old photos.

Cheers!

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph / Garage
1968 TRG TR250; 1973 Mimosa Triumph Stag; 2000 XJ8; 2001 XJ8
"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an SbT quote!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCN0062.JPG    60.6 KB
DSCN0062.JPG

Rickh Rick Haumesser
Bartlett, TN, USA   USA
Very nice Glenn! You have one of the later ones it appears. If you recall the Vin# of the one you sold in NY you might post it here, or the six-pack forum. You might get lucky.

StagByTriumph Avatar
StagByTriumph Glenn Merrell
Lafayette, Colorado, USA   USA
Rick,
Thanks. This one is in very good original condition. I thought it was odd it does not have the front sway bar like the later ones got.

I always thought the later ones had front sway bars - my first one back in the 1970's did as stock.
I bought that first one in 1972 with less than 36k miles for $1600 from a Ford Dealership in Malvern PA - sales guy took it on trade and was good friends with my folks.

And I added a TR6 OD transmission to it and drove it as my daily driver until April 1981 when I got t-boned in Kingston NY. I had over 160k miles on it and was going to put a new frame under it.

Unfortunately I do not have the commission number for that TR250, I am sure I did not save any paperwork for it.

This latest TR250 still has the OE bumblebee hoses.

Cheers!

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph / Garage
1968 TRG TR250; 1973 Mimosa Triumph Stag; 2000 XJ8; 2001 XJ8
"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an SbT quote!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-15 06:46 PM by StagByTriumph.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Richmond TR250 Avatar
Richmond TR250 Paul Barlow
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I've had my 250 for almost 20 years. Paid $8,000 for it back then and drove it home and used it for 6 years before I tore it apart and redid it. Now 14 years later it's still in the shape from 2003 after the restoration. I just drive it and if it breaks (not often) I fix it and drive it some more. Our club (BC Triumph Registry) has about 6 or 7 250 in it and 2 TR5's.
Paul

Attachments:
IMG_0119.JPG    69.1 KB
IMG_0119.JPG

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Beautiful TR250 Paul. I've had similar experiences. I've had my TR for 20 years now. Did a full restoration on it back then. It's been a very reliable car. I've put about 35k miles on it over those years. Now it just needs some paint refreshing and I'll do that next summer. Seems to be a fair amount of 250's on the west coasts. I just went to a decent car show with 202 British cars and there were only 2 TR250's there. Rarely see them out driving around.

Attachments:
TR SURREY TOP-6 8-21-17.JPG    69.3 KB
TR SURREY TOP-6 8-21-17.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster