TR250 active members here???

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jplatel1 jacob P
Albany, NY, USA   USA
another new tr250 owner here on the east coast! found this one in vermont.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170114_145447.jpeg    26.5 KB
20170114_145447.jpeg

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Nice find Jacob. Is that a recent find or back some years? I keep an eye on Craigslist for the 250 but rarely see one. Are you in running condition? Are there many in the Albany area?

jplatel1 jacob P
Albany, NY, USA   USA
bought the car in january of 2017. It had a stuck valve when we bought it. a quick head tear down and trip to the machine shop fixed that "small" issue. I ran and drove the car a short bit in the parking lot behind my house after draining and flushing the tank, as well as cleaning out the carburetors. The car is now disassembled for a frame swap in the near future, the whole back half of the original frame is twisted and rotten beyond belief. luckily i noticed this on inspection prior to purchase.

here is how it sits now, next to its new bones.

I was really hoping to have it ready for the Stowe VT British invasion, but we will see.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170717_171611.jpg    40.3 KB
20170717_171611.jpg

IMG_3060.JPG    53.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Wow! you really are committed to it with the Ratco frame. I suppose if you can dedicate a lot of time between now and Stowe then you might make it. Nice to have another 250 back on the road. I was hoping to make it to Stowe this year but I have to attend a wedding that day so can't make it this year. I'd rather be at Stowe!!
Keep us posted on your progress.

oregon250 Chris P
Salem, Oregon, USA   USA
we have owned our 250 since the late 90's and have known it since 1977. our friend owned it then and with the tr4 we had at that time many cruises were to be had.
when we lived in wyoming, we cruised to the roadster factory summer party in 2003. a nice rainy time and muddy at charles runyons' farm i might add. but there were 28 tr250's lined up in the street at the show in town. most i've ever seen in one place at one time. speaking of places brian......jingles xmas shop in east westmoreland? we lived in the north side of the place in 1985-7. larry muchmore owned it then. small world. cheers.

Attachments:
DSCF4329.JPG    66.9 KB
DSCF4329.JPG

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Holy Molly Chris, Larry and Jan are very good friends of our. They still own the Jingles Christmas Shop. PLUS, your TR is identical to ours. This is crazy!!

Brian

Attachments:
Tilton's 68 TR-250.jpg    39.3 KB
Tilton's 68 TR-250.jpg

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Chris, I ran into Jan & Larry this morning. They were WOW what a small world also. You were there when Penny and Jim Bzdak were living in the front apartment. They are also good friends of ours. Wish I would have known you were a Triumph guy back then. I think back then Larry had a MG TD also.

Rickh Rick Haumesser
Bartlett, TN, USA   USA
Yep, I am the proud owner of a TR250. Bought her from previous owner 29 years ago. It had sat in their garage for 2+ years. I paid $800.00 because they wanted it out of their garage, put a new battery in it and drove her home. I enjoyed driving it for several years and then it developed a fuel problem that I was going to address the "next weekend". Well, that next weekend turned into 15 years later when my son wanted to use it in his wedding. He and I put a lot of elbow grease correcting all the things that go wrong when a car sits for so long. Replaced all fuel lines, cleaned out the very rusty fuel tank, replaced all brake lines, hoses, and rebuilt or replaced calipers/wheel cylinders, had carbs rebuilt, replaced vacuum booster, and new tires. That was about 3 years ago, and I have driven it just about every weekend since. Not going to let it sit around again if at all possible. She needs a LOT of love, but fun to drive and I always get asked about when I'm out.

Here is a recent picture, feel free to make fun of the wheel covers. They came with the car, and since they are over 30 years old, I am calling those a classic too.winking smiley

Attachments:
FullSizeRender.jpg    39.3 KB
FullSizeRender.jpg

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1478393 by Rickh Yep, I am the proud owner of a TR250. Bought her from previous owner 29 years ago. It had sat in their garage for 2+ years. I paid $800.00 because they wanted it out of their garage, put a new battery in it and drove her home. I enjoyed driving it for several years and then it developed a fuel problem that I was going to address the "next weekend". Well, that next weekend turned into 15 years later when my son wanted to use it in his wedding. He and I put a lot of elbow grease correcting all the things that go wrong when a car sits for so long. Replaced all fuel lines, cleaned out the very rusty fuel tank, replaced all brake lines, hoses, and rebuilt or replaced calipers/wheel cylinders, had carbs rebuilt, replaced vacuum booster, and new tires. That was about 3 years ago, and I have driven it just about every weekend since. Not going to let it sit around again if at all possible. She needs a LOT of love, but fun to drive and I always get asked about when I'm out.

Here is a recent picture, feel free to make fun of the wheel covers. They came with the car, and since they are over 30 years old, I am calling those a classic too.winking smiley

Yep, consider yourself made fun of smiling smiley

Might consider actual wires...I'm told they actually add value to the car. I love em but I know they can be a handful

It's your ride...looks great!!

Todd

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1478393 by Rickh Yep, I am the proud owner of a TR250. Bought her from previous owner 29 years ago. It had sat in their garage for 2+ years. I paid $800.00 because they wanted it out of their garage, put a new battery in it and drove her home. I enjoyed driving it for several years and then it developed a fuel problem that I was going to address the "next weekend". Well, that next weekend turned into 15 years later when my son wanted to use it in his wedding. He and I put a lot of elbow grease correcting all the things that go wrong when a car sits for so long. Replaced all fuel lines, cleaned out the very rusty fuel tank, replaced all brake lines, hoses, and rebuilt or replaced calipers/wheel cylinders, had carbs rebuilt, replaced vacuum booster, and new tires. That was about 3 years ago, and I have driven it just about every weekend since. Not going to let it sit around again if at all possible. She needs a LOT of love, but fun to drive and I always get asked about when I'm out.

Nice ride. Wheels make the car in my opinion. And if those wheels work for you, then they are the right wheels.

I like the no bumper look to.

Scott

Rickh Rick Haumesser
Bartlett, TN, USA   USA
Thanks Scott,

I would not say those wheel covers work for me, but wife would prefer a new kitchen, so guess who wins? I think I would like a nice set of silverstones.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1478417 by Rickh Thanks Scott,

I would not say those wheel covers work for me, but wife would prefer a new kitchen, so guess who wins? I think I would like a nice set of silverstones.

Yeah here we have Silverstone on front and Konig Rewind on the back. It's a TR4 but you'll get the idea...and it's red

Attachments:
IMG_4302.JPG    73 KB
IMG_4302.JPG

Rickh Rick Haumesser
Bartlett, TN, USA   USA
Yep kind of leaning towards the Silverstones.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Do the front lower valance first smiling smiley

You're missing the oil cooler hole

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1478417 by Rickh Thanks Scott,

To bad your not on Vancouver Island. I just happen to be in the kitchen business.

Lol.

I have mini lites on mine.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster