AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR250 active members here???
  This topic is about my 1968 Triumph TR250
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Just wondering, this TR250 forum seems to have only a few active members participating. With 89 TR250's in the registry in the US, Seems that there would be more conversations going on. Why do you suppose there is a lack of interest? OR, are our TR250's more reliable than other?? (tongue in cheek).

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
The TR250 and TR5 forum was just recently established. Before that TR250s were grouped with TR4s and TR5s were grouped with TR6s (or vice versa - can't remember for sure). In many cases its easier to ask questions on either the TR4 or TR6 forum (depending on what part of the car) and get a response from a much larger audience.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
The number of 250 owners on this site is growing, still just a few of us compared to the others models.

Marv

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Not a lot of 250's around for people to discuss...you are fortunate if you are one of the lucky ones that own one ( or three) :-)

Cheers
Tush

Daddy-oh Dave Kurtz
Happy Valley, Oregon, USA   USA
Hello, not sure why not much conversation. Our club here in Portland Oregon had 13 at one time and I have had 3, down to just one currently that I restored from basket case.

Dave

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Most I've ever personally seen at one time at a British Car show is 3. I belong to a state British Car club and there are only 2 in the entire club and I've never seen that one.

eds48spokes edwin depasqual
reston, virginia, USA   USA
Ed in Bridgeport CT .. I recently procured a 68 TR250 in Arizona that had been sitting in a carport, unused for 27 years. Hadn't thought to look at the forum until I saw your post. It's in pretty great shape, though well used in its early life having 106k miles on the clock. It needs much inspection before making a restoration plan of attack, however I have a mechanic replacing suspension and brake components. I plan to move it east in the fall.

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Ed, that's a great find!! It always strikes me when these cars show up in barns or carports just watching time go by. Good to have another 250 on the east coast. The body must be pretty good having lived most its life in Arizona.

carpecursusII Drew H
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA   USA
We are here, I think most people just look to the TR6 forum for info because its mostly the same and there are many more people.

I'm currently restoring a 73 MGB, also picked up in AZ where I lived for some time. I've always wanted a TR250. This one I stumbled on quite by accident when a friend of a friend passed away. Both cars have near perfect bodies and absolutely no rust.

Attachments:
IMG_2419.JPG    40.9 KB
IMG_2419.JPG

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Beautiful, what a find!!

foots2 Lloyd Lightfoot
Buffalo, New York, USA   USA
Just curious, how much did you pay for the car?

Had the car been running, I figured it would be worth $10-12k. With so many unknowns, seller and I agreed it would take approximately $8k to get it on the street. I offered $6k, but because the title couldn't be located I got it for $5k.

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
That is one of the best deals I've heard of for a 250 in the apparent condition. I've seen pretty bad examples go for twice that.
NICE!! I paid 2K for mine 20 years ago and it had some body rust and didn't run.

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Nice looking 250 Ed - just on appearances, you got a great deal.

Best regards,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster