Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stampy Avatar
Stampy Silver Member Scott Stamp
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1472141 by palermo Looks like a great start Scott.
please keep us all informed about your travels.
I used 20-50 Pennzoil and had well over 235K before the body rusted out and
became unsafe.
This was my everyday transportation in New England, but on the other side of the coin
It was a $200 car needing a clutch when I bought it. So, I ran the heck out of it travelling all over the country numerous times
for 5 years and sold it for $800 thinking I was a genius. The Buyer bought a good frame out of a wrecked TR6 and is still showing it and winning awards.
I would stay with the lever shocks.
I used to run small TR3 hub caps on the steel 250 narrow wheels to avoid throwing the full (now rare) full covers.
now I'm tired of the fake minilites, but hope you are not seduced by chrome wires. painted wires - OK.
Best of luck,
Russ

Hi Russ

Thanks for your insights.
I like the mini lites when they are on cars dressed for racing. But the look of the taller tire appeals to my eye more as it fills the wheel well beter i think. The original wheels have an old set of redlines on them but if they do go on it will be with a black walls and get painted in what colour I don't know l...yet.

Just opened the Moss box with my axles, rear wheel bearings and lever shocks in it. Going on next week.

Carb kits will go in some time next week as well

Scott

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster