Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
He guys,
Need some help.
About three months ago I rebuilt he overdrive of my TR4A and run it for 4 hours with an electric motor at 1800 rpm.
All worked well. No leaks, good pressure and flawless shifting. Celebrated it as a success. Put the transmission on a shelf.
Yesterday, while working on the body, I noticed oil under the transmission.
It is comming out around the shiftshaft of the overdrive on the lever side.
I replaced the o-ring during the rebuild.
Is there a better solution then an o-ring?

If yes please share source and partnumber.
Thanks.
Dirk

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
The transmission may be similar to the TR250 but you might get more info if you post this in the TR4 & 4a forum.

TR-PI Lee Cunningham
Sardis, BC, Canada   CAN
Don't know of a better solution, just suggest reworking it with a fresh O ring. You may have received an incorrect / damaged ring.I have found that purchasing O rings from a local parts store using dimensions gets you a fresh O ring. Sometimes these sorts of parts will deteriorate sitting on the shelf for a couple of decades. Also make sure there is minimal end float in the cross shaft

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Try a Quad Ring. Find out the size of the Oring you are using, there will be a Quad Ring in that same size. You'll have to look at an O-ring supplier. I use "theoringstore.com " frequently. Going to likely be an AS568, you'll have to decide on rubber compound and cross section. Quad Rings can seal better.

Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
Thank you. I did not even know that there is such a thing as quadrings. Will definitely order a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 09:12 PM by Dirk Guenster.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links