Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
He guys,
Need some help.
About three months ago I rebuilt he overdrive of my TR4A and run it for 4 hours with an electric motor at 1800 rpm.
All worked well. No leaks, good pressure and flawless shifting. Celebrated it as a success. Put the transmission on a shelf.
Yesterday, while working on the body, I noticed oil under the transmission.
It is comming out around the shiftshaft of the overdrive on the lever side.
I replaced the o-ring during the rebuild.
Is there a better solution then an o-ring?

If yes please share source and partnumber.
Thanks.
Dirk

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
The transmission may be similar to the TR250 but you might get more info if you post this in the TR4 & 4a forum.

TR-PI Lee Cunningham
Sardis, BC, Canada   CAN
Don't know of a better solution, just suggest reworking it with a fresh O ring. You may have received an incorrect / damaged ring.I have found that purchasing O rings from a local parts store using dimensions gets you a fresh O ring. Sometimes these sorts of parts will deteriorate sitting on the shelf for a couple of decades. Also make sure there is minimal end float in the cross shaft

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Try a Quad Ring. Find out the size of the Oring you are using, there will be a Quad Ring in that same size. You'll have to look at an O-ring supplier. I use "theoringstore.com " frequently. Going to likely be an AS568, you'll have to decide on rubber compound and cross section. Quad Rings can seal better.

Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
Thank you. I did not even know that there is such a thing as quadrings. Will definitely order a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 09:12 PM by Dirk Guenster.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster