Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
OOPS!! Moss lists one for $12.29. Just the straight extension type. Cheap enough.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Richmond TR250 Avatar
Richmond TR250 Paul Barlow
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I saw that. I will go that root if all else fails. Monday or Tuesday will be the test as I am away until then

Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
I may have spoken too soon. It appears the TR4A use a 45 degree where the six cylinder use a straight connector. My point stays the same, its a basic plumbing fitting, not a specialty part. You can probably get on at your local plumbing supply for a couple bucks.

Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
004 (2).JPG    48.3 KB
004 (2).JPG

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
FWIW, TRF also has the extension, might be a little cheaper than shipping from the UK. Not a standard plumbing part, your local store would only have a female-to-female coupling plus a short nipple (male-to-male). Which would still work, of course.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 11:48 AM by TR3driver.

Richmond TR250 Avatar
Well I finally got the extension out with a little help of WD40 soaking for 4 days. However I cannot get the broken piece out so I have a new one to arrive tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to put on the water heater valve thread so they don't get frozen again incase of a leak? Or is it the same process again.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Paul

TR250Guy Avatar
TR250Guy Tim Moore
Dayton, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "TRminator"
Just go to your local FLAPS and get a product called Anti seize.

1968 TR250 "TRminator"
Owned since 1980
Frame off rotisserie restoration completed in 11-2014 by myself and my brother

Richmond TR250 Avatar
I have some of that. Anything else for aluminum to steel?

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Any one of the "anti-seize" or "never seize" products will work well. Glad you got the extension off. Now fiddle with getting the broken piece out of the old one. For two reasons, one so you will have a spare and two so you can have the experience of removing broken pieces from parts. Back in my working days, where I worked I could have put the steel piece in a vat of acid and the aluminum part would dissolve out in about 30 minutes. Ending up with a nice very clean steel part.

Richmond TR250 Avatar
I do have some anti seize so i will use that and work on removing the broken piece when i have nothing to do. Ha ha. It will sit in the 'To Do' box. Again thanks for hte help.

Paul

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
For tapered threads like that, my preference is teflon pipe dope. It will help seal the joint with less torque as well as making it easier to remove next time. Pick it up at any hardware store, etc.
Eg, http://www.homedepot.com/p/RectorSeal-T-Plus-2-4-oz-Teflon-Pipe-Thread-Sealant-23631/100201204

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

Richmond TR250 Avatar
Good Idea.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster