Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Guys,

Just starting out on my TR250 restoration if anyone wants to follow along. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way!

Cheers
Tush

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mat2828 Ian M
Perth, WA, Australia   AUS
Hi Tush,
I will watch with interest your restoration work having recently purchased a TR 250 myself.
My intention is to make it into a TR 5 replica.
I know the cylinder heads are different so I'm not too sure which way to go to increase performance yet.
I love that Royal Blue colour , mine is a dark Green but I will change the colour to Royal Blue with Red leather Interior.
The problem I have at the moment is that the Australian customs have suddenly enforced strict rules on importing cars into Australia which potentially contain asbestos , so the car at the moment is on hold at CFR Rinkens in Paramount CA.
Any how , looking forward to your videos.
All the best,
Ian

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Yes!! another TR250 in the making. You've started out with a very good example Pied. I started my restoration when I was in my late 40's and it took 2 years but it's been a great car ever since. That was 20 years ago and my car had been in a barn for 11 years before I found it. Lots of great experience on this forum. Take a ton of pictures. Love the Royal Blue but I'm biased I think. Have fun!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Tilton's 68 TR-250.jpg    39.3 KB
Tilton's 68 TR-250.jpg

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Thanks guys. Couldn't wait to get home from real work today to get to work on tearing down the 250.

Cheers
Tush

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Ok guys, body is off!

Cheers
Tush

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Tush,
You are moving along. I see that you left the doors on (to keep body from shifting). I made door opening braces for mine. One end bolts to the B post where the door hatch is and other end to the upper door hinge bolt pattern. Also makes for a good lifting point. Can send you pictures if interested.
Marv

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Marv,

I was probably getting a little lazy so I left the doors on instead. I have the bars that I used for my TR6 kicking around and will install them if need be when I am shifting the body. The bolt to the A and B pillars using stock locations as well and are easily attached/ removed.

Here's a quick pic of it installed on my TR6.

Cheers
Tush

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
That will work. Made mine out of 2" sq tubing with plates welded on each end. Overkill but I had materials on hand. Worked out good for using to lift with them. Have a rust free 4a to do next but its good enough I am not doing frame off on it. Your frame looked pretty good in poctures.
Marv

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster