Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

M. Pied Lourd Pied Lourd
Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Andrew,

I don't want to muddy the waters so to speak, but here is what I do.

The only area that I glue is around the ashtray opening. I usually place the crash pad on top of the contact cement and place a weight on it overnight just to stick that one area. The front of the crash pad is held by the windscreen. The rear of the crashpad wraps up and under the dash where the fixing studs are for the metal dash. My pad has little tabs that fit on and around the studs. The metal dash then gets screwed on and pinches up the edge of the pad from below. When the wood dash goes on, this also helps to hold the edge as well.

My 2 cents.

Cheers
Tush

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Andrew,
Dap weldwood makes a vinyl top landau contact cement that is high heat and weather proof. I've used it on Bugeye dashes and doors as well as on Mgb tops and it does not let go. Make sure your paint is well cured before using it since it will be stronger than the paint!
Rut
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAP-Weldwood-Contact-Cement-Gallon-HHR-Industrial-Grade-Landau-Top-Trim-/281094382720?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster