Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

elctriumph Avatar
elctriumph Eugene Campbell
King William, Virginia, USA   USA
does anyone out there have a suggestion where I can buy a front license plate holder and attachment for my 1974 TR 6??...Thanks,Gene

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR250Guy Avatar
TR250Guy Tim Moore
Dayton, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "TRminator"
If you are talking about something the factory installed, As far as I know there never was a factory front license plate bracket. As far as one that will fit, any commercially available bracket will fit. Just find one you like. Moss has a selection of them. http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=34163

Since I saw this in the TR250 forum I subconsciously thought he was talking about a TR250. After reading it again and seeing he's asking about a 74 TR6 ill just say...never mind.

1968 TR250 "TRminator"
Owned since 1980
Frame off rotisserie restoration completed in 11-2014 by myself and my brother

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-05 10:31 PM by TR250Guy.

TuRtle5 Avatar
TuRtle5 Kevin Kelly
Absecon, NJ, USA   USA
1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster "Coral Mistress"
1959 Triumph TR3A "Drandulet"
1962 Triumph Vitesse "Ohtoseethelightofday"
1968 Triumph TR250    & more
Hi Tim- I use the front plate holder from an MGB. They are easy to find at swap meets, have hidden bolts inside that allow your plate to mount somewhat centered over the bumper and provide a strong, rigid base. Does not protrude around the standard plate and you can dress it with a Pep Boys type of chrome surround if desired. See attached photo.

- Kevin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSC06306.JPG    46.7 KB
DSC06306.JPG

davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
i am pretty sure i have one kicking around
-i will have to run over to the storage yard but i will take a pic at the same time and let you know
dave

Brian Oklahoma Brian Plotkin
Edmond, 73012, USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "Kevin"
The 1974 TR6 had a built in "number plate plinth" on the front bumper. These are not easy to obtain. Hopefully davem has one in his salvage yard. If not, ebay and craigslist are good sources of used parts. For craiglist searches, I find this website to be useful. It searches all US craigslist: http://zoomthelist.com. Unfortunately it doesn't cover Canada - which seems to have a lot of old Triumph parts.

There is a company out of England that is selling all new stainless steel TR6 bumpers (including ones with the license plate holder). They are not chrome. I don't know if they would sell you a license plate holder separately. See http://www.jamespaddock.co.uk if you are interested.

davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
hi gene
-yup i have one
-i will try and remove it and get some nice pics for you
PM sent as well

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links