TRExp

TR5 & TR250 Forum

Engine Performance Upgrades/Supercharger Questions?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

beatboy77 Josh Noyes
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA   USA
Close to purchasing a 250. I would like to restore and keep somewhat factory original (may go with a new color). What are some common upgrades which can be done to the 250 engine to get more HP out of it?

I looked at the engines from Wishbone Classics and love their work, however they are now quoting me around $10k for one of their fully done engines.

Is there a supercharger kit for the 250 engine?

Josh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-11 05:06 PM by beatboy77.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicta dick Taylor
Downey, Callifornia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1419912 by beatboy77 Close to purchasing a 250. I would like to restore and keep somewhat factory original (may go with a new color). What are some common upgrades which can be done to the 250 engine to get more HP out of it?

I looked at the engines from Wishbone Classics and love their work, however they are now quoting me around $10k for one of their fully done engines.

Josh

The same SC kit that fits the TR6 is also good for the 250. Once sold by Moss Motors and other independents, it may now take a private purchase to obtain.
Otherwise, one can go with the usual upgrades of a good road cam, higher CR, and more, depending on one's budget.

Dick

beatboy77 Josh Noyes
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA   USA
Thank You. I guess the SC is no longer available for the TR6/250 engine.

I think having the engine rebuilt with proper upgrades would be the way I would prefer going either way.

Any list of items members would recommend?

Josh

In reply to # 1419915 by dicta
In reply to # 1419912 by beatboy77 Close to purchasing a 250. I would like to restore and keep somewhat factory original (may go with a new color). What are some common upgrades which can be done to the 250 engine to get more HP out of it?

Josh

The same SC kit that fits the TR6 is also good for the 250. Once sold by Moss Motors and other independents, it may now take a private purchase to obtain.
Otherwise, one can go with the usual upgrades of a good road cam, higher CR, and more, depending on one's budget.

Dick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
Josh,
Have you considered fuel injection or TBI? Patton Machine sells a reasonably priced kit. Not sure how much HP it will add, but it will make the engine start smoother and run more economical.
http://www.pattonmachine.com/TBI-Main.htm
Doug

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster