tr250 vs tr4a

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

palermo russ n
Providence, northeast, USA   USA
Interior door closing handle vs vinyl padded door top trim with finger slot .
Like TR '68-73.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR4racer Avatar
TR4racer Mike Deweerd
Woodstock, Ontatio, Canada   CAN
Are there differences in the frames(chassis)? is the TR250 on a TR4A chassis or is it on a TR6 chassis?
what are differences for the engine mounts? and the steering mounts?
I always thought the 250 was on a 4A frame is that correct?
Welcome all input on this
thanks
Mike

Reddragon Avatar
Reddragon Dale M
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Road Runner"
1974 Triumph TR6 "Tweety"
Mike

I always thought the 250 was on a 4A frame is that correct? Correct

In 1965, when the Tr4 A was introduced the frame was changed to accept the IRS rear end . This was carried through till the end of production of the TR6. The frame had minor changes to accept the body design changes of the Tr6 and can be interchanged with Tr4 thru Tr6 bodies.

Red

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Peter-K Peter K
Central, Maine, USA   USA
If not already mentioned, the steering rack mount on the 250 is moved for the 6 cyl.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1484300 by Reddragon Mike

I always thought the 250 was on a 4A frame is that correct? Correct

In 1965, when the Tr4 A was introduced the frame was changed to accept the IRS rear end . This was carried through till the end of production of the TR6. The frame had minor changes to accept the body design changes of the Tr6 and can be interchanged with Tr4 thru Tr6 bodies.

Red

4A frame is different for mounting the engine. The cross tube (front of engine) mounting points are different. There is a large hoop in the back on the 4A. I don't think that would prohibit body mounting. Heck the hump that covers the diff is taller on the 4s.

Todd

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster