Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1247400 by gozto11 If you have release levers you're good...they need covering anyway

Add that to the massive spreadsheet of restoration costs smiling smiley

Todd

Yup. One thing at a time - engine is first.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jp250 Jerry Price
Fairfax, VA, USA   USA
I would be very interested in that TR250 grill. How may we discuss that

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1247437 by jp250 I would be very interested in that TR250 grill. How may we discuss that

There's another hard to find item. Luckily mine is in great shape.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
volleyball Ray C
Albany, NY, USA   USA
Did the late tr4-a use the same seat? I have a pair out of a 67 and I thought they were the same. They look the same size. They do not hinge at the seat/back junction.

yycdave Avatar
yycdave Dave More
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph TR6 "Miles"
Like the 4A the set backs were fixed. Unlike the 4A seats the TR250 seats are very similar but unfortunately a totally different one year only design, with 250 specific seat frames and covers. Here's a link to a thread in another forum that helps to detail the differences between the two. They're hard to find, but IMHO if you're doing a nice 250 the correct seats are the way to go.

http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/21-body-trim-a-accessories/255219-HELP-I-need-pictures-of-TR250-seats?start=15#372713

Cheers,
Dave

76 CF58310UO

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
A while ago someone on eBay was selling TR250 covers. He said they would fit the TR4A seats. I found that suspicious, but made me wonder about the differences. Will TR250 seat foams and covers fit the TR4A frames, or are the differences too large?

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
Cloverdale, CA, USA   USA
Not only different from other models but difference between driver and passenger sides. Just completing rebuild of a set for the car I'm restoring but I have another set that I need to make replacement springs for a couple that are broken and am replacing the lower rail that the upholstery clips to.
If any one is interested in those seats let me know.
I tried new seats but nothing compared to the way the original seats sit in the car, lean toward the center and have the correct height.

volleyball Ray C
Albany, NY, USA   USA
I dug out one of the seats. There were different seats depending on the year mfg for the 4 and 4a. I've seen 3 for the 4 and two for the 4a.
My seats were black with white piping. The only difference appears to be the seat cushion design. The bottom kinda mimics the to design whereas the pics for the 250 show the seat roll stitching going all the way to the front. Does that make sense?

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Ray, my car is a very late TR4A. One of the things that I will be doing to it is reupholstering the seats as they have non-original replacement vinyl covers on them now. I'll likely stick with the original pattern, however, the TR250 seats appear to have a nicer, more comfortable contour, and since I'm not going to be anal about originality, I'd thought about using TR250 foams and covers, if they would fit my frames without modification.

yycdave Avatar
yycdave Dave More
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph TR6 "Miles"
These two pictures will help to illustrate the differences between the TR4A seats and the TR250 seats. In them you can see the differences in the frames and seat covers. Very close, but completely different. Hope this helps.

TR4A

And the TR250

Cheers,
Dave

76 CF58310UO

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Doug,
The 250 seats will fit the frames the same. Trouble is finding the 250 seats. I sold Bill the spare set he has. They weren't cheap. Wish I had kept them. I've seen a couple of 250's for sale lately and they were missing seats.

Marv

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Hi Marv,

Well, I had TR250 seats once, which I sold. Wish I'd kept them too because they were attached to a complete car! smiling smiley The fellow who bought the car did a wonderful restoration.

So, I gather that it's not simply a matter of buying TR250 foam and covers. Guess I'll just stick with the seats I have.

BTW, you can send that radiator at your convenience.

Doug

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Thanks for the illustrations, Dave. I can see there are obvious differences.
Doug

Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
Cloverdale, CA, USA   USA
I'd be happy to sell you, or anyone else out there, these 250 seats along with the rest of the car! Should be complete in a few weeks.
Thanks for the seats Marv pretty sure I can restore them to good as new. Still not sure of the condition of the seats in the next car but they appear to be in good shape. Hard to tell about the springs though until the upholstery is removed.
Wishing you and yours a great New Year.

volleyball Ray C
Albany, NY, USA   USA
I guess mine are tr4a. There doesn't appear to be any tilt to the seat back frame at the top. They just appear bigger than any other I've seen and a lot bigger than the original 4's. It was a parts car that had gone through several hands. It did have the only power brake booster that I have ever seen on a 4a

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster