Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
Cloverdale, CA, USA   USA
I'm looking for a set of TR250 seats. If you have any for sale please let me know.

Thanks, Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
yycdave Avatar
yycdave Dave More
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1976 Triumph TR6 "Miles"
Bill, as you may or may not know the 250 seats are 250 specific, and not the same as the 4 or 4A seats, both in the seat covers as well as the frames. I went through the same exercise as you a couple of years ago and found them to be rare as hens teeth. Good luck in your search, the right seats do make a tremendous difference.

Cheers,
Dave

76 CF58310UO

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...I have a complete new TR250 interior in shadow blue,the seats are rebuilt and done with correct perforated vinyl,and with matching roadster factory blue cloth top and carpet kit. Also with dash and arm bars too I think, and new roadster factory dash for a TR4A...also have the 250 factory grille in mint condition....don't have a price yet,not cheap...but will listen to realistic sane offers. All top shelf stuff...winking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
Hi Wyatt
Would you be able to send a pic of the seats?
I would have to recover them in black to match original.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
Hi Bill, well not looking to separate the set, sorry. Nice looking green TR250 by the way...

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
I have a set of sets - slightly used winking smiley

What happened to the seats that came with the car? or didn't it come with seats?

In reply to # 1247019 by yycdave Bill, as you may or may not know the 250 seats are 250 specific, and not the same as the 4 or 4A seats, both in the seat covers as well as the frames. I went through the same exercise as you a couple of years ago and found them to be rare as hens teeth. Good luck in your search, the right seats do make a tremendous difference.

Did not know that - thought they were the same as 4 seats. Guess I'll hold on to mine and have them recovered.

Attachments:
DSC_0039.jpeg    42.7 KB
DSC_0039.jpeg

Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
The nimrod that previously owned the car put TR6 seats in it.
I'm at a loss as to whether you are interested in selling your seats or not. Would you please clarify? The pic is appreciated they are definitely what I'm looking for.

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
Afraid I'll be hanging on to mine . A friend of mine has a set of newly redone 4a seats that I was considering until I realized (with this thread) that they are TR250 specific.

I can ask a couple of triumph guys I use for parts to see if they any.

Leo250 Avatar
Leo250 Bill Vail
I'd appreciate that.
Thanks

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 1247272 by maddmapper I have a set of sets - slightly used winking smiley

What happened to the seats that came with the car? or didn't it come with seats?

In reply to # 1247019 by yycdave Bill, as you may or may not know the 250 seats are 250 specific, and not the same as the 4 or 4A seats, both in the seat covers as well as the frames. I went through the same exercise as you a couple of years ago and found them to be rare as hens teeth. Good luck in your search, the right seats do make a tremendous difference.

Did not know that - thought they were the same as 4 seats. Guess I'll hold on to mine and have them recovered.

The seats that are pictured...are you saying they're 250 seats? If so, do they have releases on them...levers to allow them to be pivoted fed. they'd be black with plastic knobs on the ends. Like TR6 seats. Those look like 4a seats

Regards

Todd

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
When I found my TR250, it had 1969 TR6 seats in it with the head rests. I did some research and found that Triumph, to meet US federal standards had to add the headrests. All's they did was weld a steel loop on the top of the backrest frame and added new foam and seat covers. So when I took the seats apart, I cut off the steel loop and ground it smooth. Then my upholstery shop did their thing based on pictures I sent them of TR250 seats.

Attachments:
P8030206.JPG    58.1 KB
P8030206.JPG

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1247345 by Bpt70gt When I found my TR250, it had 1969 TR6 seats in it with the head rests. I did some research and found that Triumph, to meet US federal standards had to add the headrests. All's they did was weld a steel loop on the top of the backrest frame and added new foam and seat covers. So when I took the seats apart, I cut off the steel loop and ground it smooth. Then my upholstery shop did their thing based on pictures I sent them of TR250 seats.

This would lend credibility to my thoughts of repairing the rusty channels along the bottoms of the seats...simply use TR6 seats.

Todd

hearditallbefore Avatar
Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK   GBR
FWIW, early Jaguar XJS seats look the business in two door Triumphs.

Fitting a pair of NOS ones like these to my Vitesse, almost a straight swap onto the original fixing points and look 'factory'.

Swatting the yellow jackets away from the Triumph apple of truth…

maddmapper Avatar
maddmapper Ken Prentice
In reply to # 1247334 by gozto11
In reply to # 1247272 by maddmapper I have a set of sets - slightly used winking smiley

The seats that are pictured...are you saying they're 250 seats? If so, do they have releases on them...levers to allow them to be pivoted fed. they'd be black with plastic knobs on the ends. Like TR6 seats. Those look like 4a seats

Regards

Todd

Crap Todd - you got me wondering maybe the guy that poached the OD trannie poached the seats as well!

Mine have the releases but in looking on the net they do have a different upholstery pattern than most of the seats shown. That said, I couldn't find any that have the same stitch pattern so maybe they were redone at some point. Have to investigate further.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
If you have release levers you're good...they need covering anyway

Add that to the massive spreadsheet of restoration costs smiling smiley

Todd

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster