AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

StagByTriumph Avatar
StagByTriumph Glenn Merrell
Lafayette, Colorado, USA   USA
Folks,

Here is LD2UBW, the FIRST Federal Specification Triumph Stag - hand built in the Triumph Model Shop next to LD1UO.

LD2UBW is a Historically Significant Triumph Stag.

LD2UBW has been fully and accurately restored in 2015 by Joe Pawlak of Illinois Sports Owners Association.

Joe has full documentation of the car from Gaydon BMIHT and a full detail album of its accurate restoration.

I believe it is - or will be for sale.

Cheers!

Glenn Merrell, aka StagByTriumph

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph / Garage
1968 TRG TR250; 1973 Mimosa Triumph Stag; 2000 XJ8; 2001 XJ8
"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an SbT quote!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-14 06:30 PM by StagByTriumph.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0612.jpg    58.3 KB
IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg    62.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_0608.jpg    56.6 KB
IMG_0605.jpg    57.7 KB
stagitall Avatar
stagitall Paul Martin
Smallwood, NY, USA   USA
Hi, I am currently trying to refit my 72 stag with aftermarket 15" rim.
I am having a heck of a time finding a manufacturer . who did you use and do you remember the offset?
rear brake drums rae very close to the duums
Thanks
Paul Martin
201-487-5093
pmartin@tcfd.org

StagByTriumph Avatar
StagByTriumph Glenn Merrell
Lafayette, Colorado, USA   USA
Hi Paul,

The OE Wheels were made by GKN with a stock offset of 1.12 inch and the stock wheel width is 5.50 inches.
So those two dimensions you might want to keep so everything stays inside the wheel arches with out rubbing.
Going to a taller wheel diameter does not necessarily mean the tire will be a taller OD diameter, just that you will be using a different profile tire having less sidewall to keep the same rolling circumference.

If you go with a wider tire, you may need to slightly increase the offset because the tire may hang up on the road spring even if you are keeping with the same overall diameter tire. On the Stock 14"alloy wheels a wider profile tire gets pretty close to the spring.

Some of the folks in Europe say there are larger wheels of the same configuration made by a manufacturer "ATS" in Germany but I have not been able to locate the wheels on for Triumphs on their web site. They do show this style at their site for a starting point. They indicate they are available in 13" and 15" and do look different than OEM GKN Alloy
http://www.atswheels.com/ats/en/portfolios/classic/

I have not seen any wheels like that in North America, but I do know that some of the Canadian Stag owners have 15"on their Stags.

Have a look at my wheel restoration photos at StagByTriumph Garage - these are of course 14" diameter.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/stagbytriumphgarage/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1929901367269685

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph / Garage
1968 TRG TR250; 1973 Mimosa Triumph Stag; 2000 XJ8; 2001 XJ8
"The BEST Trophies are: Miles on the Odometer; Stone Chips in the paint; Dead Bugs on the Windscreen (and the occasional smell of manure!)" an SbT quote!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster